• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On the Road Again

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I’ve worked on quite a few 89s but never realised there was a drama under there. Noted for future reference.
Only affects the 789D where the RH platform is welded to the chassis. On the earlier models the platform bolts on and it was never an issue. Lord help the user who gets one crumpled on the RH front corner and has to try to straighten it out.

Speaking of alignment, you should see how far off the intake system bellows located half-way down each side of the engine are.......caused by badly aligned ducts ex-factory.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Hell all I did was type in the Gates number and several popped up, O'Reilly is here in town so gave it a shot. Summit has crept into that market also. But Napa really isn't much more
than second rate these days. You can find Fel Pro gaskets at AutoZone no one else carries.

Our local Carqust is expanding lines and stores of materials that I used to consider dealer only types. Have excellent lines of Air System and medium duty truck juice brakes parts, can have good quality large truck air brake components in a day or two, they also have had obsolete FelPro gaskets I could get nowhere else except Summit and did not have to pay freight.

Nige

And the latest info is that Big Bertha rocks in on Sunday. Just what you need to put a total crimp in your weekend........
I assume the dirt on the tyres was a test drive ?
No, that was just what got on the tyres driving the truck about 200 yards to & from the welding shop where the body was installed. In case you weren't aware it rains a lot here. The place is a permanent mud puddle.

upload_2020-11-27_15-54-55.png

Mother Deuce

dirty4fun

Kind of amazing how the windshield can not be ordered for the excavator.
Was the dump truck box shipped in two pieces, and welded on sight? How many tons or yards is the tub on the dump truck? Thanks

Nige

What’s big Bertha??
Hitachi EX3600.
Kind of amazing how the windshield can not be ordered for the excavator.
Was the dump truck box shipped in two pieces, and welded on sight? How many tons or yards is the tub on the dump truck? Thanks
The simple fact of the matter was that the people who approved the quotation from the dealer apparently had no idea what they were looking at. If they had piped up at the time the machines could've come with the roof/windshield rock guards and the bucket sidebar & corner protectors installed. Same comments apply to the autolube system. They didn't so it all had to be airfreighted in. "Urgent airfreight" is a 7-10 day process here.

The bodies come like this - 3 pieces basically. A bit like iKEA - some assembly required. The nice part is that the pivots and hoist cylinder mounts are all in the "big half" so they arrive final line-bored.

upload_2020-11-28_12-23-6.png
upload_2020-11-28_12-23-54.png

Nige

No. That’s the bucket that should’ve gone on the EX1200 a couple of months ago when we assembled it, but as usual Logistics f**ked up on-time delivery of the base GET (lip & adapters) to the company who were building the bucket. Result was a delay of 8 weeks in it arriving. Meantime we put a used bucket on it in order to hit the RTW target date. Now that the new bucket is here all of a sardine the Planning Dpt (a misnomer if I ever heard one) have suddenly announced that there are no bushes for it in the Warehouse. More delay, more expense (air freight). You couldn’t make this sh1t up if you tried.....

Nige

The simple fact of the matter was that the people who approved the quotation from the dealer apparently had no idea what they were looking at. If they had piped up at the time the machines could've come with the roof/windshield rock guards and the bucket sidebar & corner protectors installed. Same comments apply to the autolube system. They didn't so it all had to be airfreighted in.
And of course Maintenance copped the flak for the fact that the RTW target was missed....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pardon my cynicism. I ought to be used to this sh1t by now.

Then again the EX3600 was supposed to arrive 9 days ago but got held up in Customs with “paperwork deficiencies”. Logistics again. Anyone see a pattern here.? If that had been the case I would have been off this weekend instead of being into my 27th straight day without a break. I think I’m entitled to be cranky.

Last edited:

seatwarmer

Occupation
Enterprise Engineer
Nige, I'm having precisely the same problems this past month, just on a smaller scale. And today I'm the a**hole that don't want help because a datacenter build in an old below ground level parking garage got flooded last night and I say I'm not able to resurrect electronics that are submerged in water.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Then again the EX3600 was supposed to arrive 9 days ago but got held up in Customs with “paperwork deficiencies”. Logistics again. Anyone see a pattern here.? If that had been the case I would have been off this weekend instead of being into my 27th straight day without a break. I think I’m entitled to be cranky.

They can be as slow and inefficient as they want these days. All they have to do is say it's "because of the c*****v****".

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Do they give you the can’t you just do this or that when your talking hundreds of thousands of dollars and months of work?