• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On board scales.

Stick-man

I run a 2011 Pete tandem axle with tandem axle and tri-axle Talbert's. I'm looking to get into an on board scale system. Just wondering what guy's are running out there. I had one recommendation for Right Way Load Scales, but I'm looking for more input. Thanks for the help.

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
Scales

I run a 2011 Pete tandem axle with tandem axle and tri-axle Talbert's. I'm looking to get into an on board scale system. Just wondering what guy's are running out there. I had one recommendation for Right Way Load Scales, but I'm looking for more input. Thanks for the help.

Give Diesel Service Unit, the Peterbilt dealer in Portland, OR a call and ask what is the most popular scale system for their log trucks. Scales have been in use for logging trucks for years since they are loaded in remote areas and need to know weighs before hitting pavement.

gkenworth

Occupation
HD Mechanic / heavy haul truck driver
We installed an 'air weigh' scale on one of our KW T800's.
Steering axle works off a load cell. Not terribly accurate. Needs to be recalibrated regularly. Not uncommon to read 1000 lb light.
Rear scale plumbed into air suspension. Very common to be within 40lbs.
If I slide my 5th wheel to a certain spot. I know I'm legal on the steers if I'm legal on the drives.
2014-05-09 Cat 621g .03_wm.jpg