• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oliver, the other green tractor!

LogDog

heres a pic of my little oliver,got any other oliver fans on here?
I have been told that this is not a "real oliver" because it was biult by Fiat, so would that now make it a chrysler:beatsme Enjoy

Attachments

• Tractor 2.jpg
    Tractor 2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,952

td25c

Hey LogDog,that's nice looking "ollie".I did not know that oliver and fiat were connected.We have some oliver fans here.I am a minniapolis-moline man at heart.I like the oliver's to.The Dunham-lier loader is a good addition to any tractor.It's a well built loader,We have one on a 170 allis chalmers.

Sled Puller

Occupation
IUOE 66
Dad bought a new Oliver-Fiat 1265 in 1973. With a 6foot Woods brush hog. still have both.
Fuel efficient and reliable. 6 speed double neutral tranny and 2 stage clutch are"quirky" though.

LogDog

I have enjoyed the tractor very much, from what I recall fiat and oliver were married for smaller utility tractors while under the White co umbrella
yes the 2 stick trans and some time no release clutch you can get "busy" in tight spots. the grandaughter and the dogs thing it the best thing going:D
I always wanted (still do) a 99 with the detroit
weather looks to be drying up here for the weekend maybe get the weeds knocked down. enjoy Roger

Michaeljp86

Im a big oliver fan, even though I dont have one. Id like a 2255 with the CAT V8. There is a old oliver down the road thats been sitting for years. Some day when I have some cash Ill stop and see if they will sell it.

Turbo21835

Olivers arent all that bad, could be worse, you could have a galvanized pheasant feeder running around in your fields. :stirthepot

hvy 1ton

Olivers arent all that bad, could be worse, you could have a galvanized pheasant feeder running around in your fields. :stirthepot
\
Never heard that one before, always the silver seeders. One of several ks ag brands owned by AGCO. It seems everyone has good insults for Gleaner and MF combines, but what about the yellow ones?

OneWelder

White bought out Oliver- but I do not know what happened after that
a neighbor had a white backhoe(green under the yellow) I thought it to be a good machine- he only fixed things when they fell off and it would not move which was not very often

Michaeljp86

Minneapolis Moline and oliver used the same tractor but different color, I think oliver may have bought MM.

I have a galvanized pheasant feeder, its a New Idea 2 row corn picker. It gets about 1/2 of it, the rest of the ears get chewed up and thrown all over the place.

Andy Detwiler

Occupation
Grain Farmer
I'm an Oliver fan, we've had them on our farm since befor me. we have one 66, one 88, one Super 88, one Super 99 GM, one 1650, and just purchased a 1955. We dont use them much anymore cause the equipment is too big for them. I do use the 1955 to make hay and going to bale straw with it.

Andy

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
Nice Olivers. I'm a big fan of the newer Olivers. The ones with the square white grill vs. the rounded yellow grill.

Dt

Michaeljp86

Nice Olivers. I'm a big fan of the newer Olivers. The ones with the square white grill vs. the rounded yellow grill.

Dt

I want a 2255 with the cat v8, that beast would pull your mamas trailer right off its blocks.

Attachments

• Cover2255.jpg
    Cover2255.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 3,735

flametamer

Occupation
Biomed Tech, Towing
My dad wants to find a Super 55 to restore. He ran one growing up. You just don't see many Olivers in Mississippi. I guess that's one reason I like them and Minneapolis Molines too.

Dt

trukfan

Occupation
Maintenance Tech for a machine shop
That's a really nice 2255. I saw at an auction I went to a few years back one of those Super 99's w/ the GM V-12 in it. That was a wild looking tractor. I'd like to find a 880 diesel for tractor pulling, but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.