• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

oldie but goodie hough

cat320

Charter Member
I have been going to the brick yard lately and never seam to have time to get a pic of this beast of a machine it's too bad it's in the shape it's in looks like it was working not too long ago. downsized_0509011205.jpg

Kiwi Tussock

Im restoring one of these ol' girls at present. (I used to be on this site known as Kiwi Will but after the quake, hadn't been able to use a computer to keep up membership) It's a Hough 65C isn't it?
I thought I'd have a bash at restoring it cause it's still a basic ol' machine that doesn't have or need anything so technical such as a computer to make any part of it work. Also, (so far) parts have been still available or the odd bit has been able to be made up local. Would certainly like to rob a few bits off this one. :)
When your image was blown up in size, it appears as if its pretty much all there.
Come on guys, save the ol' toy.

ttfn

Mike Van

cat320 - where abouts is that Hough? I'm loader shopping right now, any leads are welcome - Mike

cat320

Charter Member
that unit is at woburn concrete

here is there website http://www.woburnconcrete.com/\

i was told by one of the kids that work there that it was for sale and they they where looking to get $5K for it or scrap value he said it fired up but there was something that needed attention besides all the glass tire and some pain. nice size machine .

g perry

Hey oldie but goodies - I have a Michigan 175 Detroit 351 (1960's) and having trouble getting the oil filter gasket to seat. The NAPA gasket is real narrow and is smaller the seating area - diamiter is ok. HELP. Thanks g