• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Waymire tag trailer. Worth looking at?

Old Doug

I guess I think that's pretty expensive for a '79, with the old style wheels. It does look pretty good, the pictures don't show much rust.

But I think you could do better for $4,500

Local to me, this is a '94 for $4,500. 17.5 tires.

View attachment 231634
A 99 also at $4,500, that's not as heavy built (I don't know what you're hauling-just a skid loader or a 963?)

View attachment 231635

I'm sure there's stuff like this by you also, you just have to look for it.
I have thought about buying a trailer like this and building a neck for it. I did this on a smaller trailer and made a gooseneck out of it that was over 20years ago i still use it all the time. I need a 20 foot plus one to start out with.

dieseldog5.9

I had a Trooper come out and assign a new VIN number to a trailer similar to that trailer. I had 500$ into the trailer, and 300 for the VIN number. It has the 8.25 r15 tires, which I think roll offroad well, and being 20ft is super manuverable, old eager beaver I believe. Found 4 new tires someone had for 300 cash. so about $1000 total, had good decking. Finding good rims can be as difficult as finding tires, I had 4 great tires, so found 4 to round out the trailer, if you have no good tires swapping them all out for 17 may be the way to go.