• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old track loader pics

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
Heres a pic of our 941b. Sorry but its the only pic on the computer.

Attachments

• 101_0220.jpg
    101_0220.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,327

trainwreck

to us the 983 is to heavy for most places we go it seems to be stuck more that it is working. it has a ton of lifting power but not counter weight so it is useless to lift with. there seems to be only 3 things it does very well, burns a ton of fuel ,makes alot of noise and is a dam good anchor for winching. the other thing i personally dont like is the foot steer thing i just cant get that figured out.

biggixxerjim

to us the 983 is to heavy for most places we go it seems to be stuck more that it is working. it has a ton of lifting power but not counter weight so it is useless to lift with. there seems to be only 3 things it does very well, burns a ton of fuel ,makes alot of noise and is a dam good anchor for winching. the other thing i personally dont like is the foot steer thing i just cant get that figured out.

yeah them foot steers are a mind boggler.....:rolleyes:

TALLRICK

Guess you have a lot of clay or mud there, all I ever worked in was rock and sand. Track loaders do suck up a lot of fuel, but they have more pushing power and can load more. The foot steer is like a dozer so I love it, frees up your hands to control the bucket better. Guess I would be the only guy there who wouldn't hate it.

tctractors

The 983=983B

the 983 shovel was a top bit of kit, we used one to excavate refuse/rubbish pits with great results, we worked non stop day and night loading dump-trucks without any snag's, you need to be smooth with all the controls and not bang the bucket over to tip out the load, I dont recall any bits looking the same as anything off a D8H/K, I have also done a final drive in one and all the innards were nothing like a D8 other than a 4 gear drive, I have never seen a 983B but have been told that they lacked the poke of the previous banger, I have some good pic's of the job-site and will dig them out asap.
tctractors

seo

Occupation
tugboat captain
Traxcavator

Now I wish that I'd taken some pictures of my Cat 933 Traxcavator before shipping it off to its new home. It was a mid-50's model, engine from a D2 complete with a pony engine about the same size as the main, 3 speed mechanical gearbox with Johnson bar. It was terribly slow and clumsy compared to the next generation of machines with hydro transmissions, but it was rugged compared to the IH offerings of the same era.

jughead

Occupation
retired
track loaders

Just thought I would add a couple of photos of an older Komatsu D75S loading shovel that was recently working on our site.

I can see that you guys are big Cat fans but you may find these of interest.;)
i have a similar machine but it has had a hard life

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
My wife doesn't get it when we are on holiday, She lies by the pool and I go off machine spotting:pointhead ....yes it is an illness I think:Banghead

I have the same situation! my wife is shure that i'm crazy :D i just drive around and take pictures of them, and not to mention the 8 machine collection in the back yard of my company :drinkup

BTW! fuerteventura is a nice place! i was there some 3 years ago, lots of nice dozers and loaders ;)

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I'll have to post some pics now of my new beast--a '59 JD 440 ICD.She's a cute little girl,fun to run.