• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Tin!

49cat112

Occupation
Contract maint for VX-31 China Lake Ca.
This tin dump truck has been in my family since the 30's (or so my Grandmother said many years ago). I think it's a Keystone...Google couldn't cough up anything resembling it though. Any ideas?
It's not for sale....It's a family heirloom. I would appreciate any info you guys might have on it though! :D

Attachments

• 331389366.jpg
    331389366.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 483
  • 331389396.jpg
    331389396.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 331389441.jpg
    331389441.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

49cat112

Occupation
I'm not home when it's on.....:beatsme.

I've spent a bit of time trying to find out what this thing is.....nada. That's why I posted here (and other boards) Somebody might know something and can steer me in the right direction (I hope!).

Wolf

does it have any markings on the bottom of it?

check ralph and terry kovel's book. it is an encyclopedia of things like this, and has a value for most of them.

49cat112

Occupation
Some very faint stampings....I'd have to sand the paint off to tell and I'm not ready to go that far yet. It's the original paint near as a I can tell. Thanks for the book tip!

Wolf

Some very faint stampings....I'd have to sand the paint off to tell and I'm not ready to go that far yet. It's the original paint near as a I can tell. Thanks for the book tip!

yeah don't sand the paint. it would destroy any value. see if you can do a rubbing of it, use a chalk, or charcoal or a pencil very lightly and see if you can make out any of the words or designs. that will help to identify it.