• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old School John Deere 743A Harvester/ Delimber

Chopper95

Quite a while ago, I have no idea who, someone was asking for some additional information on the John Deere 743A machines from the mid-late 1970s I believe, and I want to say they came up fairly empty handed.

Fairly elusive machine I think :confused: assume not many made it out of the factory and I want to say they weren't the greatest from what I recall.

Anyways, was digging around the internet tonight while on hold and stumbled across two supposedly working machines in my own state (complete other side, however {Colorado**) that are for sale for $15,000 for the pair.

No photos, just name and number. I know the dealer is probably the largest forestry equipment seller in the state since it's limited out here. Might give a call and ask for some photos, but leaving the country in a day or so - never have seen shots of one beyond brochures and marketing material.

Figured I'd leave the info here for anyone who's on the hunt or has interest.

"1978 Deere 743A Delimber
2 Available, Goon Engine and Transmission. $10,000 Eacn or $15,000 for BOTH
DDI Equipment. Whitewater, CO, US
Dave Dodd
1-970-339-1100"

$_1.JPG
$_35.JPG

MutsMachines

Occupation
railroad worker
i was part of that thread. if you could get pictures that would be great! looking at those two pics i notice there might be two different machines. one a feller and one a harvester.

Last edited: