1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Old Poclain Excavator

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by Nick Drew, May 19, 2007.

1. d4c24a

d4c24a Senior Member

ha ha

oh yes hes a bit strange i brought my d4c from him about three years ago that yard certainly is a sight to be seen,when we loaded my d4 it was onto a flatbed he lifted it with this old crane ,the hoist did not work he could only boom in/out i must say a bit frightening i soon backed under as soon as it was high enough

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. Nick Drew

Nick Drew Resigned

Plant operator
    Re Ha ha

Yes I am amazed that the local council allow him to carry on trading in that location seemed like a really nice village and then you come across that eyesore!!

Not very PC in this day & age.

Heres some more pics of other old kit from my visit.

Attached Files:

3. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

Eyesore??? There used to be a similar yard near me where a major contractor in the area stored his retired equipment, it was located next to a hospital. I remember when I was a kid driving by and seeing all that equipment sitting there with weeds growing through it. The word eyesore never crossed my mind, I thought I had found heaven!!!

4. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

hey thanks guys. i can't believe that i have never found this board before now! here are some pics of the machine i got today.

Attached Files:

5. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

That's a unique boom design. First one I've ever seen like that. Is it a "brand trademark" of sorts?

6. Nick Drew

Nick Drew Resigned

Plant operator
    Great pics BigBlueBox!!

They look a little compressed though??

Dickie,

Poclain being a very innovative company always offered a vast range of different shaped booms and front end equipment, being French they always seemed to have different designs to everyone else??

I have got an info sheet showing all the different combinations somewhere...I will try to locate it:Banghead

7. RonG

RonG Charter Member

heavy equipment operator
    I wonder why the house is so high above the tracks,it looks like an old Case with the tilting table.It must be fun to get in and out of,us old guys think of those things.Ron G:D

8. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

yeah the pics are a bit compressed i had a little trouble uploading them. I finally got to run the machine yesterday! ( a whole 36 hours since delivery!!) It does sit up a bit high and the controls are a bit awkward but for such an old machine it preforms really well. No vices as of yet. I was mucking out the bottom of an old cow pond and ended up digging alot of rock. It seemed to dig really hard until i examined the spoil a little closer. once we got into the clay soil it dosen't hesitate. I still need practice with the controls though they just seem odd.

9. Nick Drew

Nick Drew Resigned

Plant operator
    Thats Great!! look after her and keep her going, Sure would be nice to see some more pics of the 160 at work ????

10. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

todays work

I was working on my massive fencing project today and had to take down some trees that were a threat to the newly constructed fence. Naturally i was jumping up and down at the opprutunity to play with our not so new hoe. It got a little slippery when i went across the creek but i filled in the ruts with some fill from the pond i've been mucking out. The machine ran well even though i sometimes forget that it weighs 60,000 lbs, i remembered today when i got in to soft stuff! At the end of the day got another section of fence put up and i even cleaned the tracks off really good.

Attached Files:

11. bigblueox

bigblueox Senior Member

more work pics

Here are some of the other machines we've been using to build fence with. I couldn't imagine trying to build fence without the toolcat. And the dog is my supervisor " ruffy" he's a farm/hevy equipment poodle.

Attached Files:

12. AJ.

AJ. Member

Heavy Machinery Repair Business
    Poclain Pictures

Hi all I'm new here but been around a little bit,been working on Poclains from the early days,Case buried them like they did David Brown and it hard to keep up with who owns who anymore, I am going to have a go at posting some pictures.
    Enjoy
    AJ

Attached Files:

13. AJ.

AJ. Member

More

More pictures
    AJ

Attached Files:

14. AJ.

AJ. Member

More

More
    AJ

Attached Files:

15. AJ.

AJ. Member

Last lot

The last lot
    AJ

Attached Files:

16. d4c24a

d4c24a Senior Member

hello

good to see you here aj :) they are some great pictures i managed to salvage some old manuals and two big case poclain flags from the hook depot when it was demolished cheers graham

17. Wulf

Wulf Senior Member

AJ,

Great pics! but hold on old boy that looks like an olde English Aveling Barford 50 tonner you cut off in the first post :mad:

18. Countryboy

Countryboy Senior Member

Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
    Welcome to HEF AJ.! :drinkup

19. AJ.

AJ. Member

Poclain 350CK Model

Thanks for the welcome guys, below is some pictures of a fully functional remote control working model of a Poclain 350CK.
    Enjoy
    AJ

Attached Files:

20. AJ.

AJ. Member

More

Last lot
    AJ

Attached Files: