1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Old manuals

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by FarmWrench, Jul 30, 2022.

1. FarmWrench

FarmWrench Well-Known Member

Table Potato farmer
    Local mobile mechanic passed away and his kids had a garage sale. In making a deal on a portable press, several storage totes of old manuals was worked into the deal. He couldn't bring himself to throw out the books and I was happy to get service and parts books for TD15, a long line of Deere dozers, old cat, Detroit engines.

But I've got a few totes of books I don't want.

Deere440-c skidder, Fiat-allis HD6, Cat IT12, 988 wheel loader, 623b scraper, Deere 790/792 excavator....and that's just on top of ONE storage tote.

I'm not into trying to sell em on eBay. Not wanting to sell them in general. I'd rather give them away. In this day and age where a few clicks on the internet can download most anything, should I just spread them out and snap some pictures for someone to claim a few or admit that recycling is the best solution?

Buddy likes this.
  2. Mike L

Mike L Senior Member

Self employed field mechanic
    If I paid the shipping can I have the 440c skidder books? Any other forestry equipment books?

Buddy likes this.
  3. FarmWrench

Table Potato farmer
    Yes the I've called three people who "used to" have 440 skidders. PM me an address and I'll send it to you. I'll put an envelope in the box and if you are happy send the postage.....if not send me your disappointment.

There's road graders Gailion and I think Cat. Kinda short on other forestry stuff.

Buddy, Gary Layton and Tinkerer like this.
  4. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

I would be interested in the 790/792 books. I will pm my info

5. FarmWrench

Table Potato farmer
    One shipment of books out. The OTC 4121A Jack unit leaked BADLY. Ordered a new set of seals ($100~). Guess it really needed it.

6. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

Speaking of... Thank you. After sorting through I have one that can go back up for grabs. If anyone needs a 690B book let me know. The friend of mine who had one told me he sold it about a month ago and I have no use for it

7. FarmWrench

Table Potato farmer
    Picture retry

Attached Files:

8. Long0

Long0 Charter Member

Project Manager
    Interested in your HD6 manual.
    PM sent

9. FarmWrench

Table Potato farmer
    In the order I'm digging into them.

Parts book Dresser H-120C rubber tire loader, Service Manual also
    Parts book, Cat IT12 integrated tool carrier, Service Manual for same machine including 3204 engine.
    Parts Drott 40 Cruz-Air series A sn#100-2199.

Service Manual Drott 40 YR-40ER.
    Service Manual for Cat988 wheel loader.

More to come

Gary Layton likes this.
  10. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in the following manuals, if you have them:
    Case 530CK
    Case W20B
    Austin Western Super 300
    Cat D5C
    Cat 955H
    Bobcat 743
    P&H H312 Excavator
    DD 4-53T
    DD 4-71
    DD Series 60 DDEC IV

Maintenance, Parts, even Operators on some that I don't have.