• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Mack Semi

Freightrain

As in Baker transport? The one in Dover area? It just closed the doors this past winter.

ronnie

might be i would have to ask her the next time i see her all i was told was from yrs, ago her husband was a play boy and she divorced him but there is 2 sides to every story i do know she had a daughter named cindy and they run flatbed's haulin steel alot cindy still lives in ohio

DarrylMueller

Occupation
Excavating Contractor & Operator
Here's a picture of my grandfather's last truck,the day he bought it.It's a Mack(not sure of the model,maybe a "B"?).It was taken in the early 70's,but the truck was an older model.

The truck had twin sticks,and a 160hp motor(if I remember right).My grandpa used it to haul grain out of the western Dakota's and Montana.It was a very loud truck,and musta made for a long day driving it.

I remember him saying that he'd pulled a few loads in excess of 100,000lbs.It's amazing what can be done with determiation,and lot's of gearing.
Id say it's a B-61 no doubt the hood is to long for it to be a B-63 and it's got the right radiator. B-75 had a bolt on tank that was not covered. I had a '59 B-61, 673 Thermodine 5+2 no-turbo 175hp? I had a '65 R600 same spec. I now have a '76 RS797LST with a 375 Mack V8 engine 15 speed, 410's 24.4 rubber and runs with the best, it's soon going to be outlawed here. They (Big Brother) have allowed us until 2011 due to the recession. I guess that means by next year along with a recession I will work enough to spend, $60,000? to replace this truck, I don't think so.

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 742

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
The B-75 had a longer hood and the radiator was larger and squared off somewhat.Got lotsa miles in a B-75 hauling a dump trailer.......a frameless Heil for the record.Ron G

rino

Occupation
Drive steel bed Dump Truck for a paving company
The sad story of all the O/O out there! The EPA is going to put you all out of business, yet the major electric producers who burn coal are NOT in compliance with the clean air standard!

By the rules of the board we can't get political here, but if you email me, I'd be more than happy to shed some light on our current monitary troubles!

rino1300@gmail.com

ejb17

Occupation
Fleet Maint Mgr
My Father and his partner had 10 or 12 B models back in the 60's when I was born. Some tandems and some single axles. He still tells the story of hauling gas out of the refinery in Warren Pa. and coming up one of the hills South of Buffalo just putting it in first gear and standing on the outside step on the hot days. I learned how to backup and yard mule on a B model. At the time this was serious Mack country. Unfortunately it is now a Volvo with the famous Bulldog on the hood. Later on we also had a long nose R Model with the Mack v-8 that I think was 325 hp. Man that was the nuts. Could'nt keep it out of the shop though. Times are a lot different.:usa

Dominion 410

V-8

We used to have a 72 long nose R model with the 325 V-8 engine.Five speed transmission with the extended range and reverse on another stick.Five possible reverse speeds,right down in bull low in reverse you could walk faster than it could move.12K front end with 38 Mack rears on camel-back suspension.Had a Poclain HC-300 excavator that we moved fully dressed(About 110,000lbs)with it.Fifty ton Rogers tri-axle float,and no Jake-30mph on the highway or the re-caps on the float would disintegrate.The MTO would have a field-day now seeing that going down the road.
Friend of mine had the 500 hp Mack in a CL-that thing could haul:drinkup

Dominion