• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Lull 844tt 34 questions

menglert

Thanks for the Lull 844 manual and parts info!

I have opened the rear right hub and discovered one of the planetary gear pins was bent enough to periodically bind and stop the machine. This was left from the previous owners replacement of the gear itself. I've ordered a new pin and needle bearings. My question is: How do I get fifty needle bearings to stay put while reassembling? Is a little grease okay in there?

also: The machine starts and runs nicely but many leaks in hydraulic cylinders (most), some more than others. The fluid leaking is milky and must have some water in it, the tank breather is dented in a way that could let water in. Will the water cause leaks? Will it be better with new fluid? Does "hydraulic leak fix additive" work? Does anyone have an opinion of Formula 8? (video of product: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16AHDwqhXrc )

Thanks

joestewart

Sounds like the condition of my machine when I bought it! My two cents: Drain the milky fluid immediately, clean out the hydraulic reservoir, throw on a new hydraulic filter, pour in new fluid and park it under a roof from now on. I think those breathers are only about $20 so it would be a good idea to change that also. Then start the process of repacking all your cylinders. Do it yourself - the repacking kits are cheap. I would not use any of those additives in my hydraulic oil.

Don't continue to run it with the milky fluid - the water in the oil cuts the "vanes" in the hydraulic pump (I've been told) - when the hydraulic pump goes bad, you'll really be looking at a hefty repair bill.

menglert

Nothing like experience

Great advice and thanks for your postings in general, very informative. Once the hub is back together and sealed I'll drain the hydraulics and pull the worst offending cylinder.

menglert

Joe, Do you or anyone know about how much hyd. fluid the 844 needs? Should I use some grease to hold the needle bearings in place on the planetary gear during assembly? Thx

stevegaynor

Occupation
Komatsu field technician
844tt-34 manuals

does anyone still have parts and or service manuals for an old 844tt-34? I'm in bad need of a parts manual and they are not listed online anymore I assume because of the age of the machine.

joestewart

does anyone still have parts and or service manuals for an old 844tt-34? I'm in bad need of a parts manual and they are not listed online anymore I assume because of the age of the machine.

I think I can help you with the service manual. PM me an email address and I'll send it over the wire.

Nathaniel Messier

I can see this is an old thread. Does anyone have a manual for the 844tt-34. I recently purchased one and can’t find a manual anywhere.