• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Hy-Hoe

td25c

Thats good to hear you just need the bearings leonpona.I get most of my bearings from www.tristatebearing.com Also these folks keep allot of the hydraulic motors,pumps,&cylinder kits. www.brakesupply.com

Keep us posted on your swingbox repair.Been running my 3300 all last week,burnt brush piles today.

Attachments

• hye hoe 002.JPG
    hye hoe 002.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,061
  • hye hoe 003.JPG
    hye hoe 003.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 979

glmarshall

Would like help to identify old hy-hoe Hello, new to this, hope fhis works. I have a Hy-Hoe 680I, sin#6203GMC. Would like to know year, weight and the (I) in the model #. Thanks

Dan83

Wow I can't believe how old this thread is... this machine sort of reminds me of our old CAT 225 roadbuilders up here on the west coast.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . okay. Say we have one of these old jiggers in "as new" condition and an equivalent current machine loading trucks out of the same pit. How many more truck loads would the new machine load per day?

Anyone?

Cheers.

Alganon

Hello,
I am located near Rigaud QC, and have owned a hyhoe 685 for some 23 years. It is in better condition now than when it was purchased. I am looking for a parts machine especially the commercial hyd motor on the track drive. This machine has a V6 cummins diesel engine, which is a little noisy. The water pump seal and bearing was replaced last year. But, now the radiator is leaking.
Most of the seals and bearing are standard GBS, NTN parts. I have had to make a fix for the swing gearbox that seems to work well.
But lately, the thought has been to buy something like a cat 215b or c, vintage 1990 or plus.
But what would you be asking for your hyhoe?
richard
richard , I am in rigaud and I own a hy-hoe 680 . how do we get in touch ?
alganon

mattice

Hi again out there. well i,m still in search of a swing house gear box for a 695c hyhoe. if i don,t find one hubby,s going to scrap her. such a shame seeing the gear box is her only issue. thanks again

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
Hi all
I have a 3300 tt Hyhoe with a 453 engine. Runs and moves, but few small problems with it. For sale, have to get ride of it and do not want it to go to scrap. Looking for around 6500 dollars. Let me know, getting rid of it soon. There are some pictures of it on earlier posts in 2008 or 09, in here.
Located in Ontario Canada, just north of Toronto.

td25c

Yair . . . okay. Say we have one of these old jiggers in "as new" condition and an equivalent current machine loading trucks out of the same pit. How many more truck loads would the new machine load per day?

Anyone?

Cheers.

Don't know Scrub ? Good question .

I try keep my 3300 up in pretty good shape . It's not the fastest gun in the west but is very reliable .
http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/100_3213_zpsq7dtptjs.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Got in some ditching with it this afternoon .http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/100_3219_zpsacqlfqnw.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . td25c

Nice one mate. As you say that old machine looks to be in nice condition and I wouldn't imagine it would throw too many codes. . . its a shame the satellite positioning system lost the signal and you actually had to run it. (Big Grin)

Cheers.

td25c

Thought you might like that Scrub . Now I had to manually override the system so I could run it with the levers . It's pretty complicated .:D

Getting back to your question .... Structurally I would put the old HyHoe up against anything on the market today . It's built for the long haul so to speak .

To get quicker cycle time I would need to repower the 4-53 Detroit with a 4-71 or possibly 6V -53 . Upgrade hydro pumps for more volume and it would cycle as fast as a new machine . Cummins 6BT would also make a nice transplant engine . But as long as the old 4-53 keeps humming good I'll keep using it as is .:)

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . td25c

Interesting what you say about the build of the machine. The only excavators that I had a little bit to do with were early Seventie's Kato's and once we got over some initial problems with cracking around the ram bosses on the sticks they went very well and were well built strong machines . . . chain drive though which could be a head ache.

I posed the question because it seems to me that much of the touted improvements in "production" of later machines may be all well and good on paper but in the real world not so much.

I have always been a bit conservative in my ideas on moving dirt. Even in my hey day I could never see the point in having an extra push cat loading scrapers to gain a few seconds a load. Same thing with excavators loading trucks or trenching. It should be built into the rate or bid.

If, within reason, those few extra cycles a day are going to make or break an operation, management need to take a look at their methodology and get back to basics.

I guess what I am espousing is the dinosaur view of the world, that is to say, the production potential built into a modern machine by way of complexity and cost is in fact not always used.

I am way out of my field now but I would go as far as to that on general subdivision work a machine such as yours with a skilled operator who knows how to feather a hydraulic control for placing pipe and so on would more than hold its own.

It seems to me that many of the improvements to machinery have been made to maintain production with higher levels of operator comfort and lower levels of skill . . . I hasten to add that I am in no way being derogatory, that's just as I see it and good luck to folks out there, I wouldn't have minded a bit of A/C and a decent air ride seat. (Big Grin)

Cheers.

Last edited:

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Don't know Scrub ? Good question .

I try keep my 3300 up in pretty good shape . It's not the fastest gun in the west but is very reliable .
http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/100_3213_zpsq7dtptjs.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Got in some ditching with it this afternoon .http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/100_3219_zpsacqlfqnw.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1

TD-25 you've gotta upload your videos on youtube the picture is much better and you'll have a better audience, love seeing an old beast like that still giving it's best and hearing that screaming Jimmy.

td25c

Yair . . . td25c

Interesting what you say about the build of the machine. The only excavators that I had a little bit to do with were early Seventie's Kato's and once we got over some initial problems with cracking around the ram bosses on the sticks they went very well and were well built strong machines . . . chain drive though which could be a head ache.

I posed the question because it seems to me that much of the touted improvements in "production" of later machines may be all well and good on paper but in the real world not so much.

I have always been a bit conservative in my ideas on moving dirt. Even in my hey day I could never see the point in having an extra push cat loading scrapers to gain a few seconds a load. Same thing with excavators loading trucks or trenching. It should be built into the rate or bid.

If, within reason, those few extra cycles a day are going to make or break an operation, management need to take a look at their methodology and get back to basics.

I guess what I am espousing is the dinosaur view of the world, that is to say, the production potential built into a modern machine by way of complexity and cost is in fact not always used.

I am way out of my field now but I would go as far as to that on general subdivision work a machine such as yours with a skilled operator who knows how to feather a hydraulic control for placing pipe and so on would more than hold its own.

It seems to me that many of the improvements to machinery have been made to maintain production with higher levels of operator comfort and lower levels of skill . . . I hasten to add that I am in no way being derogatory, that's just as I see it and good luck to folks out there, I wouldn't have minded a bit of A/C and a decent air ride seat. (Big Grin)

Cheers.

I pretty much feel the same way Scrub . My customer's could care less about what color , band name , or year model of machine we take to a job site . The main concern is that the job get's done and they are happy and call us again for the next job.

http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/100_3205_zpscoejdbnf.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited:

td25c

TD-25 you've gotta upload your videos on youtube the picture is much better and you'll have a better audience, love seeing an old beast like that still giving it's best and hearing that screaming Jimmy.

Yeah 245dlc . The photobucket video aint the best . Seems like you have to be patient & wait a bit for it to upload .

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I found this old machine a few years ago near here I'm not a 100% sure it's a Hy-Hoe but it's got a gasoline Waukesha engine on it.

Attachments

• DSCN4726.jpg
    DSCN4726.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 323
  • DSCN4727.jpg
    DSCN4727.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN4728.jpg
    DSCN4728.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN4729.jpg
    DSCN4729.jpg