• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Hy-Hoe

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
I have fixed the top roller on the track. That was the first thing I did. The track was touching the hydraulic lines, for the track motors. The lines were damaged so I put new ones on.

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
Top roller that I fixed was not much good. Its good enough to move the machine around, but thats about it. Need a new one. The part number on the one that I took off is, 5M2043. Any idea what company has them or who made that type? I have gone to a few small repair shops around here and they don't have any answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
Found two new top rollers today. Will put them on this weekend. I got them from an older guy who used to work for a Hy-hoe dealer in Hamilton Ontario. He said, that the Hy-hoe was assembled in the Ottawa, Ontario, area at that time. Late 60's, early 70's

Dillpics

hy hoe

I found a hyhoe 685b for sale with a fresh detroit and new pumps and motors for 7,000 do any of you think that's a fair price? What are the controls like compaired to excavators of today because I have run them but did not know how deferent they might be!

td25c

Hy-Hoe 3300 controls assembly

This is the only thing I have showing wiring on the 3300 Bunner.Hope it helps.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,717
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,736

big mike

480 e

:pointheadjust got hy hoe 480e #38 trying to find owners manual? would like to find out year weight and what engine came in it ? currently has 353 dosnt look origanal thanks mike:

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
Hay Mike
I can not help you with your question, I am just new to Hy-hoes myself. TD25c might be able to help you when he comes on. He seems to have a good knowledge of the Hy-hoe line of excavators. He has helped me out a lot.

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
I am replacing all the filters on the Hy-hoe 3300TT, with a 453. I have taken out the air filter and it is not the right one. A little bit to small. Does any one know who supplies the air filter and a part number. Even the part number from Hy-hoe manual would help.

suzymack

We have just retired an old Hyhoe that we have been using in our gravel pit for years. Of course, MSHA made sure it was in good shape with all the glass. A hose broke and caused a pump to go out. If anyone is looking for a good ole Hyhoe to recondition or use, please let me know. It has too much sentimental value to go to salvage.

suzymack

If anyone's looking for a Hyhoe in good shape but in need of a pump, we've got one! It's got too much sentimental value to junk out.

tjeys

Occupation
EHS Manager
I thought the old Hy Hoe's were made in Mississauga Ontario? I remember seeing tons of em at Ritchie Brothers in Toronto all the time and the plates always said Mississaga.

I have a Hy-hoe 695. It was made in Milwaukee WI by the hydraulic machinery company which was sold to hydro mac in the UK. The under carriage was built by P & H crane. Most of the surviving one were truck mounted models.

big mike

480 e # 38 sorry took so long busy summer computer crashed has 453 doesnt look like it came in it just rebuilding one final drive so i can bring her home

td25c

Hy-Hoe 3300 swing brake & gear box

Here are the specs on the swing brake & gear box Bunner.Sorry it took me awile but been pretty busy.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,785
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 2,023
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,967

td25c

3300 linkage & swing pump changes

I also added a few pics of the control linkage changes under the cab of the 3300.Pictures ain't the best but you should be able to see the "Z-bar" link rods going from the hand levers to the valve body.My left foot pedal swings the cab,left lever is the boom,right lever stick,right foot pedal is the bucket.We also added a 2.5 inch body & gear set to the top hydraulic pump.This helped alot to speed up the swing cycle.I think the original pump body was 2 inch thick.Good luck with the 3300 Bunner.

Attachments

• summer 2010 work 069.JPG
    summer 2010 work 069.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,928
  • summer 2010 work 071.JPG
    summer 2010 work 071.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 1,992

Bunner

Occupation
Farmer
Thats great td, this will keep me busy in my spare time. I won't have to bug you for a little while, now. haha
Thanks again, Pete

Ilio

Occupation
Construction
Hi fellow Hy-hoe people. Really nice to see some Hy-Hoe's other than my own. I've got a 6000TT, 5000TT, 685B, all of which are in working order and another 5000TT that I was going to use for parts but can't quite bring myself to tearing it down! I still have manuals for them and some of the original archival sales literature. I'm glad to pass along anything I might know.
Right now I'm looking for a crossover# or the manufacturer of the Hyd. Swivel on the 5000, which was the same on the 6000 and the 3000. I need new slipper seals for the unit. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ilio

hy-john

Hard to believe it been almost a year since the last time I was on here. Time does fly...

Unfortunately I have no words of wisdom for the recent subjects, just some memories. Back in 1968, on the 680, 685, 690, 695's, we used ti have problems with the swing gear box loosening up. If I remember it was supposed to be torqued daily. We tried adding adjustable stops that were basically large screws that were tightened against the part of the swing gear box housing where the hydraulic motor mounted. These also had to be tightened often as they would eventually wear into the gear box housing. One of our distributors came up with an added on bracket that served as a clamp on both sides and the top of the gear box. It wasn't in the territory I worked and I never saw one but it was reportedly about the best repair up to that point.

Those control rods look familiar. I'm sitting here moving my feet back and forth trying to remember how the various levers and pedals were arranged back then. I seem to recall the right lever was for the swing then. Reason I recall that was one of the more popular modifications we were doing was top convert them to left hand swing. As there was that counter shaft behind the main shaft for lever mounting, one could set the controls up just about anyway one wanted.