• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old hitachi uh007 ex30 sprocket parts

John V

Hey all, I recently bought an old hitachi mini ex. She’s an old one, reportedly from the late 80s but who knows. It has the old style backhoe controls and a kubota engine.
On the in-cab serial plate it says “UH007” and on the next line “19C-0274” I’m guessing that’s the model and serial number. On the exterior it says “EC30 Landy”.
Does anyone know anything about this model? I’m willing to bet there are no English manuals?

The machine desperately needs sprockets. One is literally just a wheel, the other has very shallow nubs. The sprockets on this thing don’t seem to match what comes up when you search for EC30 sprocket. This one mounts on a hub and has 23 teeth. I’ve attached photos. One says “KH-3” and “7304” on it, whatever that means. Anyone know where to source this?

Attachments

• sprocket.JPG
    sprocket.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 34
  • sprocket2.JPG
    sprocket2.JPG
    642.7 KB · Views: 34
  • serial plate.JPG
    serial plate.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 32

John V

I wonder if this thing is a rebranded kubota. The kubota in this video:
has a very similar cab. The glass panels are all the same shape at my hitachi.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Back in the day Hitachi rebranded quite a few different small machines. Some were Nissan

John V

I think I'm onto something with this Kubota train... the fact is has a kubota engine, and looks just like those KH machines... now to figure out which one is actually cross references with. it has the same fuel tank/hydraulic oil tank location, and the same lift-up rear panel as that 026.

excavator

Several of the older Hitachi's used Kubota engines, can you post a picture of the machine? If you can't find sprockets you can always weld them up, I think they still sell inserts to do that. Used to be a common practice until undercarriage prices came down.

John V

I think mystery solved! I cleaned off the part where the boom mounts to the frame, a kubota manual said that’s where they put a model and serial number. Found “KH70-11183”. I misspoke above about EC30, it actually faintly says EX-30 on the outside.

Attachments

• IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: DB2

John V

Vendor on ebay informed me the KH90 and KH30 use the same 22 tooth inner spline sprocket... hopefully will have her running again soon! Boy kubota's old model numbering system is rather confusing...

John V

yall think a fabricator could straighten out this boom? or should I just look for a used one of comparable size?

Attachments

• IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 42

Terrh

I would think a decent fab shop could straighten that, either with a press and heat or by cutting it off and reattaching in the right spot.

Did you find sprockets?

John V

Found a source on alibaba, $155 per sprocket shipped, $80 for top rollers and $90 for bottom rollers. I'm going to bring this photo over to the hydraulics shop and see if they have someone who can work it!

John V

hopefully my last question for awhile... what should be the priority level on replacing the tracks? I took a picture of the track chain, I assume the pins are supposed to fit snuggly in the chains, all of them are loosey goosey. Will it be very detrimental to the sprockets and rollers to continue using this? I'll just be using the excavator around my 2 acre property digging trenches and such. I looked into getting new chains, but the grousers are welded onto these chains as opposed to bolt-on. I imagine the cost would be not worth it to replace with steel track. Perhaps I can just replace the pins/bushings in the chains? Sounds like a laborious task. The grousers (that's what you call them, right?) look to be in good condition.

Attachments

• track chain.JPG
    track chain.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

John V

Anyone have experience finding seal kits for cylinders that aren’t easily searchable? I managed to find this part number on the cylinder, but it’s not turning up anything on the Google. The rod looks to be 1-3/4” diameter, cylinder about 28.5” long.

Attachments

• 2A9543D2-FC12-4026-A070-84BE6AB19998.jpeg
    2A9543D2-FC12-4026-A070-84BE6AB19998.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

lantraxco

hopefully my last question for awhile... what should be the priority level on replacing the tracks? I took a picture of the track chain, I assume the pins are supposed to fit snuggly in the chains, all of them are loosey goosey. Will it be very detrimental to the sprockets and rollers to continue using this? I'll just be using the excavator around my 2 acre property digging trenches and such. I looked into getting new chains, but the grousers are welded onto these chains as opposed to bolt-on. I imagine the cost would be not worth it to replace with steel track. Perhaps I can just replace the pins/bushings in the chains? Sounds like a laborious task. The grousers (that's what you call them, right?) look to be in good condition.
Well, you're not actually supposed to be able to *see* the pins like that, lol. Yeah, would probably be fairly easy to find or make some new pins and bushings, probably torch the old pins out since they're so bent. Cut the bushings out and install new bushings with a hydraulic press, or pull them in with a hollow cylinder. Set up a jig with a portapower cylinder to push the new pins in.

lantraxco

Anyone have experience finding seal kits for cylinders that aren’t easily searchable? I managed to find this part number on the cylinder, but it’s not turning up anything on the Google. The rod looks to be 1-3/4” diameter, cylinder about 28.5” long.
If that's original the seals will be metric. You will have to remove all the seal bits and match them up one by one. I use Seal Source they have a great catalog for identifying seals, there may be other online sources, or a brick and mortar store near you. http://sealsourceinc.com/

John V

Does anyone know if there's a defacto way to measure the appropriate track size for a mini ex? This machine has 40 link steel tracks with about 107mm pitch. Vendors online have said 41 links, 42 links, etc. How do you correctly measure your chain pitch so I can get accurate numbers to the vendors? Do you push the track links together to make it as small as possible? Stretch/take out all the slack? Meet in the middle? I'm guessing that the sprocket geometry is what ultimately determines chain pitch, and the KH70 sprocket is the same as the KH90 sprocket, so should I assume it has the same pitch as a KH90?

Attachments

• track pitch.jpeg
    track pitch.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
With the tracks worn as bad as that a link could have been removed so what you're being told could be correct. If you replaced the pins and bushes the chains may end up 1 link short. Then there'd be some swearwords.