• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Hayes trucks in oilfield, mining, construction, highway etc

Truck Shop

Hayes doors had full length hinges. The Hayes door is a bit bigger than the KW door so I am pretty sure it is not a Kenworth door. HDX (Mr. Hayes) will know for sure.

Again and I should have worded it better-It's the design copy not that it's a actual Kenworth door. Designs are copied all the time and have been for years. When comes to trucks designs are
copied all the time especially the ones that worked well.

Reactions: DB2

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Again and I should have worded it better-It's the design copy not that it's a actual Kenworth door. Designs are copied all the time and have been for years. When comes to trucks designs are
copied all the time especially the ones that worked well.
Oh I know and there are lots of copying but at the same time some companies have made contracts with other truck makes using their cabs, hoods whatever. As an example Sicard trucks used Dodge and IH cabs and even used GMC hoods. With reference to the KW doors I still think Pacific all most copied the hole KW cab. Look at these pics of an Pacific cab. Door looks like KW door except missing the 2 reinforcements and look at windshield - on upper part of windshiled the outer curves are more soft just like the KW cab.

Pacific P9 Ow. unknown - Campbell River - 0723-2007-2.JPG Pacific P9 Ow. unknown - Campbell River - 0723-2007-3.JPG Pacific P9 Ow. unknown - Campbell River - 0723-2007-6.JPG