• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old dozer for wrenchbender and KoO.

Truckie

Old dozer for wrenchbender and KoO.
I got this old International dozer in just this morning. From what I can make out on the tag it says it is a T 241 and I was told it had a cable operated blade. I should get the blade and arms in later this week.
I have no idea what year this machine is. I was also shocked to see it started on gas and then you turned on the diesel fuel and turned the gas off. I imagine this old gal could tell some stories.

Attachments

• !cid__0731070639a.jpg
    !cid__0731070639a.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,265
  • !cid__0731070639b.jpg
    !cid__0731070639b.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,088
  • !cid__0731070640.jpg
    !cid__0731070640.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • !cid__0731070640a.jpg
    !cid__0731070640a.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,080

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I don't beleave it!!
My brother in Tacoma is a realistate agent and just sold some property. It has an old international dozer on it and neather the old owner nor the new owner wants it so they gave it to him. As he has no need for it he offered it to me for nothing. It also starts on gas and then switches over to diesel. It was running when it was parked a few years ago. I will try to get some more info this week when I am down there.

wrenchbender

Projects!!

Truckie "Old dozer for wrenchbender and KoO.
I got this old International dozer in just this morning. From what I can make out on the tag it says it is a T 241 and I was told it had a cable operated blade. I should get the blade and arms in later this week.
I have no idea what year this machine is. I was also shocked to see it started on gas and then you turned on the diesel fuel and turned the gas off. I imagine this old gal could tell some stories."

Looks like ya got yer self a real gem/project there. A little TLC plus a few bucks and ya might get ta push some dirt with a real mans machine. These old gals shaped a lot of ground built many roads and the such. But most of todays operators would be lost just looking at all the sticks,pedals and levers let alone be able to grade with her. Are gonna restore the ole gal if so will it be fer show or work?

Dwan Hall "I don't beleave it!!
My brother in Tacoma is a realistate agent and just sold some property. It has an old international dozer on it and neather the old owner nor the new owner wants it so they gave it to him. As he has no need for it he offered it to me for nothing. It also starts on gas and then switches over to diesel. It was running when it was parked a few years ago. I will try to get some more info this week when I am down there."

Carry a finger nail file with ya to clean the points with. Fresh gas & fuel clean both fuel bowls and filters befrore ya spin her over. Ya just might git'er going with a little effort. These old gals are hard to kill they may get a tad bit lazy but most of them keep on gittin it.

Truckie

Looks like ya got yer self a real gem/project there. A little TLC plus a few bucks and ya might get ta push some dirt with a real mans machine. These old gals shaped a lot of ground built many roads and the such. But most of todays operators would be lost just looking at all the sticks,pedals and levers let alone be able to grade with her. Are gonna restore the ole gal if so will it be fer show or work?

I wish I could say yes to restoring her, but once they come to me they meet there maker.
She will be cut up and scraped and most likely her steel will be used for either gas pipe or drilling rig pipe.
I would love to of seen her all in one piece. She looks like she would have been a dang nice machine. Just from looking at her it looks like she was taken pretty well care of. I don’t know if some one was going to restore her or they were getting ready to cut her up and gave up. The guy who brought her in said it was sitting in the weeds on a farm he bought.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Every time I go into a scrap yard, I can't believe all the "good stuff" I see there. If they'd let me, I know I'd always bring home more than I took...

wrenchbender

Well Truckie, thats what puts viddles on your table and pays the bills. And there ain't nutt'n wrong with making an honest living besides recycling is a good thang.

digger, I would have a million acres of old trucks & equipment if I only had the money and space lol. But I seam to have a problem with both, but when I hit the LOTTO:rolleyes: look out world. It'll be WRENCHBENDER'S EQUIPMENT CARE & HOME :D

chris88

Occupation
truck mechanic
Farmall(made by IH) made a lot of tractors like that. You walk on one side of the tractor theres a distributor, walk around the other side theres an injection pump. Those were cool old tractors.

Wolf

Old dozer

So is that old dozer gonna get cut up for scrap, Truckie, or can parts of it be saved. Maybe the whole piece should go to a museum--I know CAT and Deere have those kind of museums for tractors like that.

Truckie

WRENCHBENDER if I hit the lotto first for enough money I will help you get WRENCHBENDER'S home and care started cause I would like to get a few old one my self.
Wolf the old gal will most likely get cut up in the next few weeks unless someone comes in and see’s her and wants to buy it or parts off of it.
Digger try working in one for a living. It breaks my heart some times the stuff I see come in.