• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old cat dozer

cat320

Charter Member
is any one looking for an old cat dozer to restore? this has the cable pully system to lift blade also looks like it has a winch in rear.
I was at a place today that has it in there yard and they want it gone where going to cut it up for scrap would be a nice machine to restore. any interest i will try to let them know i think they are looking to get what it would bring in for scrap value
looks like that but not running YouTube - Old Cat D7 Cable Dozer

DiamondLTruckin

Occupation
Truck Driver / Mexican Dragline Operator / Mechani
I've been looking for one, Where is it located at and did they just want scrap for it?

Also if you know what model it was?

Last edited:

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
:notworthylooks like a D7E 36A series with direct drive and a No. 29 cable unit on it. If I could get my hands on it I would make it into a scraper tractor.

cat320

Charter Member
I've been looking for one, Where is it located at and did they just want scrap for it?

Also if you know what model it was?

it's in stoneham MA i just saw it today and the kid talked of scraping it i said there are people would want it . it's not the one in the video i just put that up to show what i was talking about but looks pretty similar i did not get a model number as far as value all i know is he wanted what he could get scrap for it so how ever much it weighs and what ever steel is going for . if your really interested i can get a contact number tommorrow for you

DiamondLTruckin

Occupation
As much as I hate to see it go under the torch, there's no way I could get out that far. Seems like I'm one of the only younger guys out here who actaully is interested in that old iron that built America up. Too Bad.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
That old iron is so sweet!

Couple questions...

Does that engine sound ok? Sounds like shes got a helluva knock to me.

How does that cable blade work, what works the cable?

cat320

Charter Member
that video is not the actuall machine only posted it to show what i was talking about probably has not been started since parked many many many years ago,

DiamondLTruckin

Occupation
there's a 2 drum winch on the rear of the machine, only one cable is used for the dozer, the dozer can be dropped or chained raised, and put a cable operated scraper on the back to use the two drums, there are hand levers off to your right that run the clutches, raise, release, and hold. the cable runs through a tube and some pulleys to the front of the machine where it goes through the 2 blocks, one on the nose of the tractor and one on the dozer c frame. some also had the winch on the front of the motor but this one probably has a 25 or 29 CCU, cable control unit, which is rear mounted

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Please get some more details. If it is a D7E series I would be interested in it for a scraper tractor.

cat980

COPPA
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
i would love to get my hands on that dozer. i wonder howmuch in scrap it is

cat320

Charter Member
i will see if i can get model number and what the kid wants for it they are not there everyday it's in a contractors yard that is up for sale so i think they want to move it out

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
grandpa you are right all the way. Powershift was a 48A direct drive should be 46A?

D6c10K

Take your camera along and get some good pics (especially undercarriage condition)...for scrap price I'd think someone would like to get it for a parts machine.

cat320

Charter Member
just got word that they got it running so a plus i ask my friend to get a contact number and model if he can from the guy because i don't see him at all but my friend does.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
:Banghead:BangheadGrandpa, I give up. Just can't keep numbers straight any more. At any rate, if it is a
D7E I have an interest in it. A 48A is a D7E Power shift. I got that much straight tonight at least.