1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Old Allis Chalmers

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Bobesmo, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Bobesmo

Bobesmo New Member

I am trying to find info on this Allis Chalmers. It’s been buried in blackberries a couple of decades. I have no info/knowledge on this, it was left on the property when I acquired it.
    Probably going to end up scraping it,but would like to know more about it.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

56wrench likes this.
  2. Rob Gunn

Rob Gunn Well-Known Member

I would assume there is a tag on it that would give model number and serial number. With that info you could then do a serial number search and find out what year it is. Its a shame that it i=was left out all these years and going to go to scrap. I know that there are a number of collectors out there that would maybe willing to pay the scape price just to try and save it. BUT finding THAT GUY would be a challenge.

56wrench and Old Doug like this.
  3. Bobesmo

Bobesmo New Member

Thanks for the reply Ron.
    I haven’t been able to find a tag on it yet. I will look some more. I’ve considered trying to revive it but I’m currently working on a mid 70’s Case 1740 UniLoader. Also would be a challenge to drag into my shop.
    If there is anyone in north west Oregon area interested in this let me know. I would like to see it saved!

4. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

It's way cool, but I am able to resist it. It helps not having a dually truck and a tandem dual axle trailer with a winch.

5. Dave Neubert

Dave Neubert Senior Member

Looks about like a HD6 looks to have a buda diesel

6. TomA

TomA Well-Known Member

I think it is an M.

7. Dave Neubert

Dave Neubert Senior Member

You may be right never saw a cable control like that

8. catman13

catman13 Senior Member

refrigeration engineer/excavation contractor
    im interested, how far from Hillsboro is it, do have a way push it enough to tell it will roll