• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OK How many high hour 953C rigs out there??

LeakyBoot

I have a 953C thatjust turned over 4500 hours. How many hours (luck with you) have you ran one before an engine failed or just needed rebuilt? Do they do as well as the 963C models? LB

Tractorguy

I worked on one last fall with just under 4000, haven't seen many with a bunch of hours

cb75

You should easily get to 10,000 hours as long as all maintenance is kept up with. I work on a few 973's that went 12-15k before major rebuild work was done. A couple are over 20k now and run every day.

Dickjr.

I have seen many 53C with 12 to 15k hours that have had a little engine repair , some had engine overhaul. One in particular I ran had 14k hours. It handled well and was responsive as well. My personal .02 a 53 should have more longevity than a 63 engine wise. The 63 seem to lug a lot. I'd like to lay my hands on a nice low hour 53C worth the money. Seems like they have increased in value in the last year or so.

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
just saw a 53c or 63c with over 6k hours for around $65k on craigslist around Pittsburgh somewhere. It had a winch and a 4-in-1 bucket that belong to the railroad.

Dickjr.

If it was a B they might get close to that. I seen this one the other day , reminds me of a girl I dated once. Take the paint off and you would run like hell.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Thats it. Yes it was in Georgia. Looks like a nice rustoleum rebuild at the minimum.

Sounds like the local guy who "specialized" in reselling auction equipment around here, they always go the "five gallon overhaul" and I'm sure he did not use anything a good as Rustoleum!

Quarry rented one of his machines with grapples on it to load large rocks, forget the make but it was French. Any how after operator had run it for a few hours he reported it was loosing power and spitting out some engine oil. I went down to look at this nice shinny read and white machine to see what the problem was with it. Oh! just remembered it was a Proclain. Seems when they had painted it no one had noticed that the Deutz six had no fan belt, but they did put a good coat of red paint all over the pulleys! After replacing about half the pistons and some cylinders it was back running just fine, this time with a cooling fan belt!

Dickjr.

I am going next week to look at a 53C BBX prefix with 12500 hrs. The price is favorable. My concern is the electronic engine with those hours. I'll get some pics of it , if I end up taking a lot for sure.

Welder Dave

I'm thinking the hour meter was replaced in the 53C that had a rebuilt engine at 6400 hours. If not it must have had really poor maintenance.