• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

OK all you demo experts

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
So, is the house down yet? How did it go? How many loads did it take?

Welllllllllll. Sorry to keep you hangin but When I last talked to the owner it went like this. I told him that I talked to code enforcemt and he wanted an asbestes survey and of course which had to be done before we start and if there was any present it had to be removed...:beatsme. So he said I thought that was part of the deal..:cool2. I told him it wasn't and that code officer said you where aware of it before but failed to mention it to me, Keep in mind the contract had been written but not gone over and signed by him yet, He denied that any thing was said to him about a survey. Sooo the owner was going to make some phone calls to try and find some one to do the servey. That was about a week ago and the dead line to start, set buy the town,which was on monday 7/14/08 . For the better I guess because as I mentioned a couple of posts ago things did not seem right with this whole thing and he had trouble coming up with the deposit. At the time I was hungry for work and really wasn't thrilled to do the job but money is money but also don't need the head akes..:Banghead I have another job in the works ,not a demo job, so I am ok if he got some one else. If that was the case.
Thanks to all who had inputs here..:notworthy

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been

Wolf

Recording

Just pulling out the tape recorder and telling them, "You don't mind if I record our conversation so there is no misunderstanding in the future," is going to keep them honest.

Try it sometime.

The legality varies state by state, and it also depends what you do with the recording.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Thanks for your reply Bigdan, sorry to hear that it all seems to have been invain, but better a no start than a no pay :Banghead

Like your idea ROP as you say it keeps em honest :wink2

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Good Idea, Is it leagal to tape a conversation without there permision though ? Or do you aske them first?

Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most also have extended the law to cover in-person conversations. Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as "one-party consent" statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it. (Nevada also has a one-party consent statute, but the state Supreme Court has interpreted it as an all-party rule.)

Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as "two-party consent" laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.

So, you in Jersy are legal to tape a conversation if you're part of it, but Pete, in California has to get the consent of everybody that's there.