1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Oil. Is there any brands that I should stay away from?

Discussion in 'Lubrication' started by emmett518, Nov 19, 2022.

1. cfherrman

cfherrman Senior Member

Start using brave browser and watch you tube in that. It blocks the ads and the data mining.

2. cfherrman

cfherrman Senior Member

I can't believe you don't rest the oil! There are so many things you can prevent with testing like replacing the bearings before a spun bearing.

3. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    In the 20 years I've been at this company we've lost two engines. One a N14 with
    a catastrophic oil pump failure in the first 40,000 miles, covered. The other was
    recent, DD15 that broke a crank, deemed defective from day one, covered.
    That's out of 250 plus tractors. The tier 2 Series 60's we ran along with Cat and
    Cummins had full service intervals of 15,000 with non synthetic 15x40. Series 60's
    will run 750,000 plus on a original set of main bearings provided services are
    done on a strict/regular basis. Never lost a Kabota refer engine out of 400 plus
    trailers. Some with 20,000 plus run hours.

What causes engine wear is overshooting services. I caught every Series 60 that
    was loosing the bull gear, fine particles stuck to the drain plug magnet. If using
    a oil sample routine makes people comfortable then that's just ok with me.

Nige, 92U 3406 and John C. like this.
  4. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Exactly!