• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

oil filter choices D4H cat 3204

PEVO

Factory filter calls for a IR0714 However are there higher Cap. filters that will fit but still have the same specs as the cat. I know there are larger longer filters that fit the same engines...it may just be clearence issues that dictate the size of filter for that application. Usually you can cross reference filters and come up with a few but they usually show stock pics and not the actual filter. Small example: stock spin on filter for my commercial mower is like 2.5-3in long however i use a longer version thats 5in long that gives almost twice the filtering and adds to the oil capacity of mower. Is it best to just stick with the factory spec filter???

Thanks