1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Ocala Excavision

Discussion in 'Integrated Machine Control' started by roddyo, Dec 7, 2008.

1. roddyo

roddyo Senior Member

Manipulator of the Planet
    Has anyone run an Ocala Excavision? I just wondered how well they worked. I was thinking about a hard wired version since I will be mostly cleaning out old ditches.

2. tuney443

tuney443 Senior Member

excavating contractor
    A what ???

3. cat 385

cat 385 Senior Member

never have, but i looked it up pretty cool.one of the pages i looked at had what they said was the worlds longest reach excavator,would like to see more pictures of that.

4. roddyo

roddyo Senior Member

Sorry.:pointhead
    Here's the link:

http://www.ocalainstruments.com/Excavision.html

By the way, if you don't know what it is how can you give me any advice about it.:D I'm just having fun with you by the way.:drinkup

5. tuney443

tuney443 Senior Member

excavating contractor
    That's OK--At first I immediately thought excavision was just another spelling boner by HEF's finest.:D Guess I was wrong.Whatever happened to just being a good operator?If there's robotic operators in the future,we're all dispensable you know.

6. RT Engineering

RT Engineering Active Member

Owner
    The Ocala Excavision is very cool. I bought one, it is pricy ($8500), and I am actually selling mine since there is no work. Let me know if you are interested - I can save you some money.

The system is expandable to work with GPS, and it is easily transfered from one machine to another. It also makes it easy to dig an accurate hole without having to climb into the excavation.

RT

7. tuney443

tuney443 Senior Member

excavating contractor
    Try this tonque twister: Excavision is for excavators to run their excavators so that the excavation is excavated correctly.

No thanks--I'm in the same boat you're in--NO WORK boat--that's why I'm selling a bran new laser set up---I can sell it to you and save you even more money after you sell your excavision.:D Mine is a whole lot cheaper than yours.

8. Teemo

Teemo Member

RT Engineering,
    Do you have to re-set it if youre doing a large foundation excavation that requires you to re-position the excavator through out the excavation.
    I was looking at one of these systems about 10 yrs ago.They were pricey then and still are.How did you like when you had the work to use it.Ive been on the fence with this system for quite some time since i do mostly foundation work,would love to have one since im a one man show now with this crazy economy and the in and out of the machine to check basement floor level gets old real fast.

Tim Modine-Modine Excavating

9. roddyo

roddyo Senior Member

Stay on the fence when it comes to the Ocala Excavision.:Banghead If you will notice that everyone telling you how good they are has one for sale. Including me.

10. Teemo

Teemo Member

So are you telling me they are not worth the bang for the buck?.
    What other systems are available,i would like something to use to check grade while im digging foundations or cesspools working with tight tolerances.

Tim

11. EGS

EGS Senior Member

Local 139 operator
    Rodney what don't you like about the excavision?

12. roddyo

roddyo Senior Member

It's terrible slow digging ditches on grade.

That wouldn't be a problem except the only reason I bought it was to dig ditches on grade.:Banghead

13. Teemo

Teemo Member

Can someone put up a video of the ocala excavision in action as a demonstration with and without a laser?That would help us.

Tim

14. Hieb

Hieb New Member

has anyone run the 3 latest systems out there? Topcon x63, Leica PowerDigger3D/2D and the Ocala Excavision?

15. Kellogg Report

Kellogg Report Well-Known Member

There are several 1D/2D systems available on the US market:
    Trimble's GCS600
    Topcon's X42
    Leica's PowerDigger
    Prolec's Digmaster
    and the newcomer this year: Hemisphere GPS' Earthworks X200 (developed by Prolec)

The Europeans have several other system to choose from:
    Axiomatic
    3B6
    Novatron
    and a Norwegian newcomer: DigPilot

There are also several system available for 3D excavator guidance. You can see a detailed comparison with tons of illustrations here.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  16. Kellogg Report

Kellogg Report Well-Known Member

17. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager

Action1,
    It's obvious you haven't bothered to read the forum rules. This is a no soliciting forum. You have made 7 posts today to different threads and all 7 posts either promote a product or a company. We do not allow individuals to trawl threads making posts hoping they will net a customer. If you want to advertise at this forum, you must do that through paid advertisement. I strongly suggest that you make no more posts fishing for business.

18. manac

manac Member

developer
    Anyone use the EZ DIG PRO system before or know how much money they run?

19. OBPM

OBPM Well-Known Member

20. davidtenna

davidtenna New Member

Construction technology today also covers a whole new field of green buildings. But are they cost effective enough to be recommended for mass production.