• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nuttall trailers

bdog1234

Looking at a 35 ton fixed neck nutall with dovetail and ramps. Never heard of the brand before I saw this trailer. Anyone have any experience with them - good/bad?

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
They are very popular in this part of the country. You see them all over the place. I think Nutall caters to the oilfield business a lot, so they do not have dealers all across the country pushing their products.
They build very heavy duty trailers, and have for a long time.
Jeff

bdog1234

Yes that is the exact model I am looking at. I called a dealer and new they are 29k plus fet. I can pick up the used one for 15k. Looks to be in pretty decent shape. Just trying to decide if I should go with the used nuttal or a new Kaufman or haulass which can be had for 18k brand new. I really don't plan on hauling anything super heavy probably 25-30k max load.

trucker1

Guess I learned something new. I have never heard of those trailers, and I don't think we have any of them up here in the north east. I went to their website and they look like a quality built product. My choice would be a used 29K trailer over a new 18K trailer any day. you pay for quality.

George

bdog1234

Guess I learned something new. I have never heard of those trailers, and I don't think we have any of them up here in the north east. I went to their website and they look like a quality built product. My choice would be a used 29K trailer over a new 18K trailer any day. you pay for quality.

George

I tend to agree as far as the frame goes but then you have to think about brakes, tires, lights, wiring, etc. You might get a used trailer and have to spend some time and money addressing all those issues where as a new one is ready to roll.

The reviews I have seen on Kaufman and Haulass are all positive but people state they are not made as heavy duty as other trailers in that weight class. Obviously if loading it heavy that would be a major concern but since I am going to never be over roughly half the rated capacity I wonder if it matters much.