• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nothing but D11's

Hoppy

About that shot of the thirteen 11's: where was that taken and what on earth is the project? It must be huge to warrant throwing that much iron at it!

CAT793

About that shot of the thirteen 11's: where was that taken and what on earth is the project? It must be huge to warrant throwing that much iron at it!

Legend has it that there was a further 3 Machines just outside of the Frame.................

Gavin84w

That is my information aswell CAT793, it is one of the PRB coal mines in Wyoming i believe, with the 180 ton excavators pulling off the toe at the highwall the dozers can concentrate on the slot dzing off of the o/b. When used with a cast blast this is very cheap dirt.

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
Few D11R pics..

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,816
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,803

Aussie John

Occupation
Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
A few more D11's

Here are a few more D11's operating in the Northern Territory - a mixture of 11R & Ts with standard blades and 4 11R Carry Dozers. Used to strip down approx 20 - 30m overburden to reach manganese ore. Unusual photos of the line up at shift change as this is the full fleet of D11s and usually there is one in the shop for servicing or repairs or else they are spread between different pits. Note that one dozer has a custom ripper fitted with 5 shanks.

When you get one bogged, you are in really "deep s**t"
John

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,956
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,783
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,818
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,794
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 2,901

Hoppy

The dozer going sideslope on that pile looks like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe I'm just getting timid in my old age . . .

J Olender

d-11

This is quite a feast for the eyes. If anyone has pics of the mighty Komatsu D-575, those are something else too. A picture is still worth a thousand words.

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
The dozer going sideslope on that pile looks like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe I'm just getting timid in my old age . . .

Yeh Hoppy, they did lay one on its side a few years before that....

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
i'd love to run one of those, very nice pictures, thank you for sharing them

tippatone

Occupation
Future heavy equipment operator
Thanks guys for all the D11 pics.........they are construction monsters! I love the shift change especially

Last edited:

monster truck

Is running an 11 much different or harder to operate then an 8? Im talking in terms of visiblity?

Running an 11 feels just like running an 8 at half throttle, they have exactly the same view but feel slower do to thier size. When your out working you tend to forget about the size. When you pull up next to the fuel truck or another machine you are reminded very quickly how big that thing is.

Aussie John

Occupation
What you don't do with a D11

Answer: Park your ute in front of the blade, climb up in then immediately drive over your set of wheels! This actually happened as shown below a few years ago at a Central Queensland coal shipping terminal. Toyota Hilux utes may be strong but no match for a D11.
John

Attachments

• Hilux-2.jpg
    Hilux-2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,449
  • Hilux-3.jpg
    Hilux-3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 5,306

Aussie John

Occupation
How to get a D11 out of a tight spot

Looks like a D11 slid into a box cut while cleaning up around a dragline. Nothing like a bit of brute strength to lift 110 tons out. These photos have been around for a while but worthwhile posting again while there is a good D11 thread going. Not sure of location but not here in Oz as it appears to be snowing.
John

Attachments

• Cat D11 a.jpg
    Cat D11 a.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3,782
  • Cat D11 b.jpg
    Cat D11 b.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5,728
  • Cat D11 c.jpg
    Cat D11 c.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3,041
  • Cat D11 d.jpg