• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Not this again

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
So winter has returned. Just got home from plowing a few hours ago. I wish I had the equipment so I could video how well winter tires work on a loader for the non believers. What brings this to mind is that it has been almost a month since I last plowed. So when I went in to grab my loader last night, she had 4 brand new Michelin rock tires. I spent the night slipping and sliding, and spinning. I normally average about 85 liters in an average storm. 147 this time. All 12 loaders have winter's on them now. Fuel saving, and more production helps us stay competitive. Management says they have paid for themselves more than once. Taking them off in summer extends their life. The set on my L70 have just finished their 6th winter and they're not half worn. I notice other contractors getting into them as well.

Reactions: DB2