• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Not only in china

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
On my way back from checkin up on a job I saw this and had to take a picture...IMG_20110621_101002.jpg

Local boro employees... and there are several bucket trucks and a towable all terain 35' man lift available in town...

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Don't know about where you are but see this kind of stuff all the time around here. Bad part is the "cowboys" get hurt or worse and then they/surviving families want to sue the employer. No problem if the employer encourages that kind of stuff but if they are in violation of company policy the company should not be liable.

Rick

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Maybe they spent a little too much time in the establishment advertised at the lower left of the boom lift before they went back to work..:D

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Wouldn't the loader bucket lift him high enough?
Good joke that..................................

As had been said here with great regularity "can't cure stupid".............................

wildhorse trnr

Occupation
Field Technician
Don't know about where you are but see this kind of stuff all the time around here. Bad part is the "cowboys" get hurt or worse and then they/surviving families want to sue the employer. No problem if the employer encourages that kind of stuff but if they are in violation of company policy the company should not be liable.

Rick
I agree. However, there are alot of companies that try and get by with make fit tools and improvised items that have the potential for serious injury/death. And lets be honest alot of guys in this economy can't take a chance on lsing their job so they try and do the best they can with what they are given. I know not all employers are that way, but it's alot more than most want to admit. Some don't even provide PPE anymore despite OSHA regs that mandate it.

Swinz

Occupation
Crane operator
There are many things that "company policy" says not to do but they turn their head as soon as something needs to be done to keep costs down.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Or another way of putting it, "Even duct tape can't cure stupid."

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I believe there are some gold minors in Alaska that I wouldn't put that past.