• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

northwest 95 swing gear shaft key ?

fiat41b

Hey I came across this big northwest 95 1974 model
the guy said everything is good to go except if it gets really used for dragline work a lot there could be an issue.
he thinks that there is a some swing play of some kind, mentioned a large 3ft bevel gear and shaft and that there is a key
and possible the key is worn or the slot if you know what im talking about inform me
and what kind of a job to fix it what would it take to handle a task like this.
I have been on other post about getting a dragline this is nice looking really to big for me that's why im still going to see this little Bucyrus that I like and I can move around pond to pond
the 95 has 90ft boom how far out can one reach with a drag bucket set up this job im looking at is big wide pond
250 across