• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nor'easter flooding

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
We got hit pretty hard here in NW CT with more than 6" of rain and some serious flooding. Awoke to the phone ringing monday morning and my cousin asking if I can move his 215 to his house on our lowbed, his driveway is washed out and he couldn't even leave the house. So i head in and find our road flooded with about 18" and the soccer fields next to it in 4' of water and ripping along with the Farmington River. This was the worst flooding in my area in some years. I snapped some pics of the move, and his driveway. The photos don't do the driveway justice. It was a 3' cavern underneath all of the asphalt and all the gravel washed 300' down into the town road.

Attachments

• Flood of 07 009.jpg
    Flood of 07 009.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 612
  • Flood of 07 020.jpg
    Flood of 07 020.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 608
  • Flood of 07 042.jpg
    Flood of 07 042.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 621

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
the driveway was about 250' long total and is a complete loss, now he is trying to deal with insurance. This pic is of me pulling back into the driveway, the water had risen since I left and was higher further down the road, but this was the only place the pic was possible, still high enough for me.

Attachments

• Flood of 07 051.jpg
    Flood of 07 051.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 626
  • Flood of 07 045.jpg
    Flood of 07 045.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 614

nedly05

:eek: Nasty, looks all too familiar, but this storm brought us wet heavy sloppy snow, about 12-18" here in town, more in some places. Knocked down trees, power lines messed up traffic.....:eek: Sorry to here about your cousins road, that always makes for a tough time. On a brighter note. Great pics:thumbsup. Nice truck!:notworthy

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I haven't been on much the past 2 days due to this. I'll post pics tomorrow. My daughter was off from school Monday because the buses couldn't get around. I rode around checking on some drainage work I've done over the past couple years, they all held. It was tough to go anywhere, so many roads were closed from flooding.

mtb345

Occupation
heavey equipment operator
:eek: only a duck would love this weather getting cabin fever around here by the way that 215 looks mint