• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Noise in Laptop

Grader4me

Hello all you computer whiz's...I have a Dell Inspiron 1525..I know what you all are thinking...crap...lol
Anyway it started making this rattling noise..almost like the sound of electricity snapping..I unplugged and it still did it for a bit then stopped. Still works good but every once in awhile it will make that noise. Thought it might be the harddrive so I switched with the other 1525 that I have (hard drive is gone in it) and it works fine...no noise..
Would it be the fan I'm wondering? The internal charger went on the blink quite awhile ago and will only work when plugged in, but I'm sure that would have nothing to do with the noise that it is now making.
Everything works good on the laptop that I put my hard drive in but...dam thing was my daughters and its pink...lol

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Pink?

Well, hate to say this G4m, you know the old saying...if it works, don't mess with it. :tong

nickbowers

they are a good machine, i have a few of the running at work.
Sounds like a fan, have you cleaned it out at all? blow it out with a compressor(not too hard) and it might come good.
If not fans are cheap and easy to replace, if it doesnt get hotter than normal and it still spits out hot air you could just leave it

Grader4me

Thanks for the replies..the laptop is not running hot at all..you're probably right about the fan..I'll try as you suggested..and thanks for the info.
Mitch..ah...oh.. never mind...lol

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yep, I have to clean my laptop cooling vents/fan on occasion G4m. Keeps air flowing better. Also, I use a laptop cooling pad as well, really helps keep the laptop cool. The fans are powered by a USB connection to your laptop. Before I used one of these, the area at the corners of the laptop, where you rest the palm of your hands, it would get noticably warm. Since using a cooling pad, much cooler. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Targus-Chill-Ma...190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adcf7dd3e

Grader4me

Thanks for the info Atco...I noticed this pink (ugh) one runs a little warmer than mine did. Next week I have to put on a presentation for a group..and I have to use this laptop....lol..

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thanks for the info Atco...I noticed this pink (ugh) one runs a little warmer than mine did. Next week I have to put on a presentation for a group..and I have to use this laptop....lol..

Well hey...that's no problem. If ya get any funny looks, just tell them you chose a pink computer because you knew NOBODY would ask if they could use it for a few minutes. :lmao

Grader4me

Well...took the fan out of my laptop...plugged solid..cleaned it up and no more noise. Them little puppies make a really weird sound when full of dirt...lol

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well...took the fan out of my laptop...plugged solid..cleaned it up and no more noise. Them little puppies make a really weird sound when full of dirt...lol

LoL...yup, they don't make a very good dirt pump. :D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

And all along, I thought it was just the noises in your head you were hearing...:cool2:D

I am not even touching the topic of the pink laptop. Brings up images of a dress wearing, high-speed grader operator....

Grader4me

And all along, I thought it was just the noises in your head you were hearing...:cool2:D

I am not even touching the topic of the pink laptop. Brings up images of a dress wearing, high-speed grader operator....

LMAO! only time I hear noises in my head is when I try to quit the snuff..and...images like that will lead to sleepless nights for you...lol