• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No winning kubota vs old volvo

rondig

Occupation
excavation
I bought a new kubota r630 and a 2008 volvo l30b.
Well long story short...2018 kubota was bought with all options available...volvo was bought as was made in 2008.
All my guys want my old volvo instead of kubota
Old volvo was bought to be my shop/yard loader.
Now i know why!!!!
Kubota has "5 speed hydro" and is quieter but....regens all the time
Volvo has return to dig....boom kickout...turns sharper....and NEVER regens...they say it has more power and accelerates better and way better visability..
I have always loved kubota products and still love their excavators....but not their ctl and now their wheel loader. I guess i should not complain i get a brand new yard loader lol....
Surprising how more advanced volvo is for the year....it has all the features of a large loader but way smaller.

512high

rondig, nice loader, however, if I'm correct top speed 12.5 mph no travel gear in it(unless things changed from two years ago) friend has one, beefy like it. I have a 2015 CAT 908M( pretty close to same size, no issues, only reason I bought(used) and a good deal all options ,was new dealer service facility built 15 miles away....happy spring

rondig

Occupation
excavation
Mine has a 1 and 2 speed ..yep top is 12.4 mph but it is louder in 2 nd gear...tried a 2016 and it basically the same...they had a 2012 there with 3 rd gear it did 20 mph

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
That 3rd is a tricky little drive motor. No one offers reman when they crap the bed. That little 2 speed is all you really need for what that machine is built for. Any more and you're really beating that articulation joint to death.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Newer is not always better. Our new 950m is a nice loader, but I find my winter loader, an L70F, to have better visibility, and more comfortable to run.

rondig

Occupation
excavation
I agree new is not always better...i dont really have any regrets on the kubota...it is very nice...but return to dig and boom kickout are not even options available. The kubota does regen alot...but 3 year full warranty plus 5 year emissions...and i got it for an awesome price. So all good...but next new equipment will be more carefully selected.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Our L45g will Regen a lot if you leave it sit running for long. The L110h will Regen while you work. A manual Regen a couple times a week at the end of the day seems to keep the park regens away

rondig

Occupation
excavation
That is the problem...we dont really work them...we are mostly a landscape company...so we load and spread a couple loads a day ....but mostly pallet work and they just run till they have to move 3 ft down the trail and sit again.

rondig

Occupation
excavation
So we have to joy ride it down the road at lunch and ebd of shift to get it hot...dont have to do that with old volvo

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
One of our Western stars with a Detroit is set up so if it sits for more than 15 seconds with the maxi brake on it automatically Revs up