1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

No Sticky for that?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Midnightmoon, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Midnightmoon

Midnightmoon Well-Known Member

How about we start some stickys or am I missing the spot where they are on this site.

Basic can bus diagnostics

Info to get from dealer when diagnosing trouble codes

What to look for when buying a used machine

Basic equipment failure form

Ect.

2. Paul Council

Paul Council Senior Member

Research and homework :eek:
    Wouldn't it be easier to ask you what is wrong with my machine? :D

On a more serious note. I think that is a good idea

mg2361 likes this.
  3. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

Can bus, basic hydraulics, basic engine, and basic electrical would probably get most things in the right direction

4. Midnightmoon

Other forums I've been on have these. It's good to direct people to so they have a basic starting point before asking questions that are covered regularly

5. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Most answers have been posted . Nobody uses the search function. Lately , folks can't even form a complete sentence. I know, google translate, yadda yadda yadda.
    Since we're talking sticky, how about we stop entertaining the emissions delete crowd. At least here in America. Its getting old and I'm sure the EPA is behind half of them.

mg2361 and Coaldust like this.
  6. Tyler d4c

Tyler d4c Senior Member

That would probably be a good idea if you want a delete thats cool dont make it public

7. Midnightmoon

Yeah theres no place for emissions delete it wont likely fix the issue at hand in the first place plus it's illegal. I thought I read in the rules no illegal posts.........

Having basic sticky posts makes it easier to direct people to info that will help with the problem.

I'd be happy to help with sticky info

8. lantraxco

lantraxco Senior Member

One excellent point in favor of sticky threads, the moderators can keep them trimmed of off topic or redundant posts, makes it easier than trying to read through 16 pages of posts for the one answer that might pertain to your needs.

mg2361 likes this.