• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No start

highwayghost

Occupation
Emissions Analyst
it just seems like that's the only way I can get attention

it just doesn't seem like I was getting a lot of help until I throw a fit.

Started that at a young age and it's still working?? The Dealership is accustom to that type of thing and gets paid for it. Give them a call. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Cononie

Thank you everybody I will be trying everybody's advice tonight and I will get back to you and let you know what I discovered thanks again I apologize for being rude

kith

I agree with the timing being off. If electrical was a problem you wouldn't have smoke. Is the small end of the timing pin still good? They can be broken off easily.

Tinkerer

Are you following the timing instructions in the service manual ? If not you will probably need professional on-site help.
Why are you timing it to TDC ?
Did you insert the pin in the camshaft gear before you removed the pump as per the service manual ?
Here is a small portion from the service manual in regards to what you should be doing.
Take particular notice of step #6.
tim.png

Last edited:

Cononie

No I did not pin it beforehand I have pulled out the fuel injection pump off of that machine a good dozen times and never had a problem but after this problem I think I will start pinning it all I did was change the seal so I figure as normal I could pop it right back in and it would fire right up like normal it didsdid not so I figure I got to start fresh and go to top dead center thanks for your help

Cononie

I've owned that skid loader for 22 years I am very rough on things I've beat the hell out of I had blown a motor up I have pulled the motor out I rebuild it the only thing I hadn't done myself was resleeve it had torn the original fuel injection pump off and put a bigger one on for more horsepower pull that one back off put the original one back on because I realized that was way too much power in a skid loader and so on and so on

Cononie

You're right but normally I don't have many issues with it in last 22 years she's been a good machine normally I can figure everything out myself but this one has just got me stumped

Tinkerer

If there is "plenty of fuel at the injectors", that indicates a timing issue.
If you have a service manual you need to start from step one and time it exactly the way is says.
That eliminates the chance it is out of time.
TDC marks can be 180° out of time in regards to the IP timing.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If the pump shaft & gear is keyed and u didnt move the gear or the pump..
U SHOULDA LOCKED THE PUMP BEFORE u removed it, then u coulda done whatcha did & it woulda worked.. U gotta just move/twist the pump to find the sweet spot..

Cononie

First I want to thank everybody for their help I had sent my injectors out to get tested all four injectors where bad they must of been just good enough to make it run I threw the pump in like the last five or six times that I have done I put my four rebuilt injectors in it tried to start as I was bleeding it it fired right up in purse like a kitten