• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No Hydraulics KX41-2

4wd_nut

Hey guys,

Lost all hydraulics today, I will go back a few days. Rebuild the swivel joint bit of a pain but no problems.
When done filled with fluid started her up and no problems, track drive all hydraulics working nice, fluid a little
air rated understandable. Topped up the fluid done a few quick tests and put on the trailer, no worries.

Today was the first day working her, ran no problems for a few hours on the flat, no air ration very minor weep
probably just a hose needs tightening. Descended down a incline, started digging soft ground then a squealing
from the hydraulic pump. Shut her down reflex action, popped the hood restarted and no hydraulics. Cracked
the hoses off the pump all dry, fluid tank full, as it is on a incline decided to overfill the tank and let gravity work.
Cracked the hoses fluid in them now, squealing quieted down some no load hydraulic movement. Loosed the hoses
to try and bleed air out, pump quiet but only dribbling flow ran for a while but no pressure and no hydraulics again.

Any suggestion, machine is now stuck at back of house and only way out is to drag it and I really don't want to do that
also the work area is very dusty so don't want to get to involved onsite.

I don't believed it's any thing I done repairing the swivel joint and don't understand how the pump run dry given the tank was
full and machine running for hours.

Any help appreciated
Cheers Rick.

mclean

Is the suction strainer plugged? Forget to pull some rags? Machine should be able to run and work at most any angle as long as it can stay ballanced..

What type of pump is on a kx41?

If it was me id make sure the pump can get oil from the tank.

then id make sure the pump was still connected to the engine. The pump to engine adapters on minis fail pretty often alot of them are just nylon spurs.

4wd_nut

Sorry for the slow response, computer crapped out.

Got it home, pulled the pump and found coupling stripped out and some damage to spline on pump input shaft.
Not impressed that a hardened steel shaft mates with a cast steel coupling, just asking for wear. Anyway was
quite happy thinking should be to expensive to fixed, until I rang to order parts :eek:

Coupling $ 360
Coupling rubber mounts x 3 $ 90
Pump input shaft $ 1500
Pump seal kit $ 450
plus frieg