• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nissan UD engine block.

Lagwagon

Hi
I’m looking for an engine block for a PE6T engine out of a 1990 UD CWA46.
Local dealer said they don’t make them anymore but I’m not convinced. Can get just about every other part for that model genuine out of Japan.
Does anyone know where I can source one? Willing to ship from anywhere in the world. If I can’t get just the block then the full engine will do. The truck is in mint condition with new pump so worth spending dollars on.

Engine number:pE6180403c
cheers.

Delmer

Those UD's were always way less popular here in US than Isuzu or Mitsu, and the sixes even less popular. However, they rusted out so fast that a good block should be around the US somewhere, so if you're willing to pay shipping, you should be able to find one. Couldn't tell you where, but if I see one, I'll let you know, the truck would cost half what you'd pay for the engine from a junkyard typically.

Lagwagon

Those UD's were always way less popular here in US than Isuzu or Mitsu, and the sixes even less popular. However, they rusted out so fast that a good block should be around the US somewhere, so if you're willing to pay shipping, you should be able to find one. Couldn't tell you where, but if I see one, I'll let you know, the truck would cost half what you'd pay for the engine from a junkyard typically.
Oh sorry I failed to mention that I’m after a new block or engine, I’m sure theres one tucked away in a shop somewhere in the world or some company builds them aftermarket, or better still, Nissan stock them in Japan. Funny you mention rust, well this truck would have to be the only UD in Australia without any rust yet the block blew a hole in it from cavitation….. in other words rusted out from the inside. How ironic

Lagwagon