• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

nikon photos to win.10

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I don't have one of those but.... how are you trying to get the pics in windows? usb,sd card or one of the wifi sdcards?

The specs say it uses jpeg for the pics and exif2.3 for the mdata should be able to d/l right off an sdcard into anything you want.... now if you are using a usb cord then it's a driver thing that might be messing with ya'....

petepilot

I don't have one of those but.... how are you trying to get the pics in windows? usb,sd card or one of the wifi sdcards?

The specs say it uses jpeg for the pics and exif2.3 for the mdata should be able to d/l right off an sdcard into anything you want.... now if you are using a usb cord then it's a driver thing that might be messing with ya'....
the only thing I have not tried is a wifi card . comp. won`t recognize an sd card. usb is rec. will search & find pics then quits . don`t think camera supports wifi trns.

Mother Deuce

If you want to try to email me a file. I can try to convert it for you. I have Nikon capture 2, Lightroom and Photoshop... I should have something that will sort it out.

Ronsii

Occupation
Depending on your sdcard size the hardware.. either computer or adapter for the card might be the limiting factor as the bigger the card gets the more picky they become... 16gb will usually work on bout everything 32gb stuff has to be fairly new 64gb. even new stuff won't always work :( the thing about the computer not recognizing the card is strange.. unless like I said it is a larger card???

I'm guessing you tried both formatting the card in the cam and different ways on the computer??? or will the cam not use the card unless it does the formatting?

petepilot

ronsii - md-- may have found a way to do what I`m trying to do. my lap top croaked just before Christmas last year taking some 1300 photos with it how ever I still have all the sd cards with the pics.so I can still recover them if & when I get the comp. to accept them. will have to download the Nikon software` load that into a file then load pics into cam then trf. to comp. if I can get that all done then I will have won . short version no files to em & no reformatting sd crds

Ronsii

Occupation
So you're saying your current comp sees a bad sd card??? I keep several different types/brands of card readers for my stuff because I have found some cards don't like some readers... supposed to be a standard right.... someone forgot to tell the little chinese kid making them.. ;)

petepilot

So you're saying your current comp sees a bad sd card??? I keep several different types/brands of card readers for my stuff because I have found some cards don't like some readers... supposed to be a standard right.... someone forgot to tell the little chinese kid making them.. ;)
nothing wrong with the cards just this @#^%^&^%$ WIN 10

Ronsii

Occupation
I can fully understand that ;) I used to do a *lot* of computer repair work and when M$ started going bonkers with their 'new' OS ...aka same old stuff just new icons and kludges, I finally got so burned out I quit accepting jobs even for friends...

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I ran into the same thing with a new to Canon G9X I use for work. I found I couldn't load the photos directly out of the camera into my Mac. Canon required a down load which gave them access to any photos I took. I found a way to load them through the IPhoto app and then export them out of that into regular JPEG files. I had another problem with a game camera I use. The Mac wouldn't read the card. Did some searching on the internet and was told to put the card in the slot in the computer and then restart the computer. Like magic it worked. I got tired of restarting all the time so recently after the restart and recognize, I renamed the card and viola, the computer will read it now without the restart.

petepilot

I ran into the same thing with a new to Canon G9X I use for work. I found I couldn't load the photos directly out of the camera into my Mac. Canon required a down load which gave them access to any photos I took. I found a way to load them through the IPhoto app and then export them out of that into regular JPEG files. I had another problem with a game camera I use. The Mac wouldn't read the card. Did some searching on the internet and was told to put the card in the slot in the computer and then restart the computer. Like magic it worked. I got tired of restarting all the time so recently after the restart and recognize, I renamed the card and viola, the computer will read it now without the restart.
I may give that restart idea a try worst it can do is mess up my sd card. if it kills the comp. I`m ready to toss this p.o.s anyway

DatCoonAss

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
dumb question but did you load in the software that came with the camera into the computer before trying to upload your pics?
Personally i run an old version of photoshop and it has taken pics off every devise for years with never an issue. when you first plug your camera into the computer it should read and ask you
what file you want the photos saved in. select photoshop (if you have it or can get it) and you should be good to go. doesn't the Nikon upload the raw files? (not .jpg?)
my suggestion check file type and and where its trying to upload them. some of the more basic photo programs might not recognize the raw file type i'm guessing.