• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nice pic my dad took last fall

928G Boy

I operated that little 302.5, with it I trimmed the walls of the shaft you see it being lifted out of. A 325 longreach excavator did the bulk of the work, anywhere the 325 operator couldn't reach, I would dig with the 302.5. It was hard digging, tons of rocks. The 302.5 took a real beating.

Attachments

• airport sept 1.jpg
    airport sept 1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,977

928G Boy

good observation, i should have mentioned that the 325 would have never lifted that mini up... it's a longreach with a huge boom and dipper and can't lift ****!

So we walked a 345B over just to lift and lower the mini.

oh yeah and that shaft is over 30 feet deep, with soilder piles and I beam whalers reinforcing it, planked between the soilder piles with 4x6s

Last edited:

abobb

That sounds just like the type of job I recently watched. Don't remember all the machines they used... but company on a job adjacent to one I was working was digging a pit to do micro-tunnelling. Used a standard excavator as deep as possible.. then switched to a long reach.. and finally a mini at the bottom of the hole filling the long reach bucket for the final clean up work.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF abobb! :drinkup

abobb

Thanks Countryboy.. I've actually been around for a while.. just haven't posted.

carrieseller

hello

hi,i love ur pic!

heyhey..though i am not familiar with the total excavator.i just be familiar with the parts of excavator--bucket teeth,tip,pin,washers and so on..Coz we are specilized in bucket teeth.:D

carrie

Last edited: