• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NewPig Water Hog for water removal in fuel tanks

clansing1

Anyone tried the NewPig Water Hog filters for water removal in fuel tanks? I am assuming they have some sort of chemical that absorbs water (bentonite?) that you lower a tube into a tank. You let it sit at the bottom where the water would be.

Good results? Curious to know if it works.

Thanks in advance.

Randy88

Yes clansing I have, does it work like advertised, not sure, just don't drive around with it in like they say, otherwise the string breaks and you have fish it out of the tank somehow. As for it working, its supposed to swell up with water as it absorbs it, is what I"m told, as to how much it removes, it's just a guess from I can tell. If there's a valve in the bottom of the tank, I'd be more likely to crack the plug to let water out after it sat for a while, like overnight or for a few days.

We let the machine sit outside in the cold winter weather for a few days, then try to look inside the tank to see if the water's frozen at the bottom, if its clear, then there's no moisture of any amount in the tank, in dozers or excavators, if its frozen, we try to fish it out in frozen chunks, then drain the tank and use the fuel in a space heater or something like that, then heat the tanks with a space heater and melt and drain off the water and your done, just put fresh fuel back in again. It helps to put the machine in a warm shop for a week to help melt the ice too, and dry out the tank some. Best of luck