• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Newer Hyundai excavators?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Actually it is a manufacturer and dealer problem. Manufacturers usually set minimum requirements that dealers have to meet in before they will grant a franchise. That used to mean a minimum amount of the test and service equipment plus a minimum number of trained service personnel necessary to fulfill warranty obligations. Apparently some of the lesser manufacturers only care about sales and the dealers figure the new owner will just have to figure it out on their own. I saw the same thing happen on the Sumitomo, Link Belt/Case line with Isuzu engines. If the engine had a problem you had to contact the Isuzu engine dealer in Portland, Oregon to get it fixed proper.

Actually it is a manufacturer and dealer problem. Manufacturers usually set minimum requirements that dealers have to meet in before they will grant a franchise. That used to mean a minimum amount of the test and service equipment plus a minimum number of trained service personnel necessary to fulfill warranty obligations. Apparently some of the lesser manufacturers only care about sales and the dealers figure the new owner will just have to figure it out on their own. I saw the same thing happen on the Sumitomo, Link Belt/Case line with Isuzu engines. If the engine had a problem you had to contact the Isuzu engine dealer in Portland, Oregon to get it fixed proper.
That is what is happening here, local Hyundai tried to get me factory support and couldn't. I was told the software was not available. Maybe he didn't try hard enough? I'm open to anything at this point!

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
I w
That is what is happening here, local Hyundai tried to get me factory support and couldn't. I was told the software was not available. Maybe he didn't try hard enough? I'm open to anything at this point!
ould say he didn't want to pay as we have never had a bit of problem obtaining any software

Paul C. Lorusso

Occupation
Sell sand, stone and construction equipment.
We sell Hyundai in MA. It is a well built machine equal or superior to anything else out there. The steel they use is the same steel they use in their ship building process. The machines are smooth as well.

Splicer64

Hi all I'm refreshing this thread to ask if anyone has had any experience with the newer Hyundai Mini's, I am interested in the 55-9a that I believe was released in 2014 from what I have read. If I have any of this wrong please correct me, any information about the newer generation Hyundai minis would be very helpful as its very scarce on the web altogether. I/We are going to buy a 5 ton machine in the next 12 months, as I've read/gathered Hyundai is a lower priced machine but is dependable and offers a value for there price range. I've been leasing 31/2 - 5ton Takeuchis sporadically for some time now to determine an appropriate size and a feel for what these size machines capabilities are, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

TANKMASTER

Occupation
Business Owner
I have an 18 model Hyundai R60CR9A. Couldn't be happier. Absolutely loaded machine with coupler, hammer circuit, thumb circuit with mount already on machine. It digs well, smooth , quiet, games a 36" rut brush cutter well, I had to add the case drain for the cutter, I ordered a hammer return pipe, made my own brackets and it looks factory.. A little more jerky than my deere or volvos but very easy to get used to. Only circuit I think could be a tad stronger is swing. Bjt it digs and loads a truck with a 36" bucket. Very stable for a reduced tail.
Gave 60 grand for it brand new.