• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Newer diagnostics electronics tools

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just curious as to what mechanisms techs consider as 'Good' these days, laptop types, software providers etc.

Been out of the market a LONG Time but still get pressed to aid in machine diagnostics and would like to reference the available 'Better to Best' mechanisms to those techs still doing this for a living.

Zewnten

I really like my wire identifier. Texa sucks for on and off road. Snap on works pretty well for on road but haven't used it a ton. Obviously dealer software (SIS, Service Adviser, Insight) is great but expensive. Unfortunately that's my experience. Cummins allows(ed) a free account for up to five serials. I tell customers to sign themselves up.

JD955SC

I haven’t heard of anything truly satisfactory for construction equipment other than the factory software and adapters.

There is a company that specializes in providing packages of aftermarket software and adapters called Diesel Laptops and they offer varying levels of customer support.