• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Newbie needing help.

Kvwranch

Hi all, new to the site and new to Hitatchi excavators. I have a Hitatchi 120-2. We have experienced some problems with it from day one and it has developed some new problems lately. The first problem is the jib or dipstick, it is very slow unless you curl the bucket all the way in or out and hold it there then it moves faster. The second problem is the stepping motor? It will sometimes go to full throttle when you go to start it or won't move up to idle and won't start. If you cycle the key and watch the throttle you can get it to work and it will work all day if you don't shut it off. Back the the jib today when I was running it I wiggled the wires on the two sensors on top of the pump and now everything is moving slow and the jib is even slower. Any help or info on these machines would be greatly appreciated.

dirtdobber1

Hi Kvwranch,

If you haven't done so, give the wiring harness a good once over. Check for bad connections at every junction, sensor, switch, etc. Look for naked wires in places where the harness passes through framing members or other potential trouble spots.

I don't know much, but CAT machines have an engine speed sensor in the bell housing, which impacts pump performance and engine speed. If your machine operates on the same principal, this may be a place to start.

Good luck.