• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New wheels and tires needed

Welder Dave

Well I guess it's good I got the new foam filled tires for the grader last fall. I went out to check on the property and I expected 1 flat tire but had 2. Too bad I couldn't have got them installed already. It's a fairly big job to remove the existing wheels, mount the adapters and then mount the new wheels. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to remove the studs from the hubs and use bolts on the adapters or leave the studs in place incase I want go back to the stock wheels or at least have that option.

DB2

Fairly common to get a leak on the o ring between the two outer rings. Easy enough to disassemble clean and install a new o ring.
I would leave the studs so you have an option. I would like to see a picture of your adapters.

Welder Dave

I think there's some pics. in an older post. Basically a 3/4 inch thick plate drilled on the outside to mount on the 15 studs of the rim clamps and 10 1 inch fine thread holes to fit the telehandler rims. There is a cut out to clear the valve stem protector and valve stem. It's on the inside and not accessible but the tires are foam filled so won't have to check or add air. The existing tires are weather checked. 1 is leaking from the sidewall. I expected it to be flat and it was. The other flat one was also weather checked on the sidewall.

Welder Dave

I made a little more progress on my wheel adapters. I finished welding the hub centering pins in. I tacked a scrap piece of 2in. pipe on the back of the blade on the tractor so I could hang the adapters on it. I lifted it up to height where I could sit in a plastic lawn chair to weld them. This was much better than standing and bending over. I was surprised that I was able to see what I was welding fairly clearly. I struggled last year and was thinking about going to a shade 9 lens and/or a cheater lens. That saved me a few bucks which is good. I'm still waiting to hear if I qualify for early Canada Pension disability. Apparently it takes up to 4 month's! My back still took a beating though as I had to carry the adapters on and off the pipe and they weigh about 50lbs. I wanted to clean them up and grind the back side flush but my back was aching pretty good so I decided I did enough.
Still glad I got something accomplished. Still need to dump about 2 1/2 pails of hyd. oil in the Cat. I'll have to see if my little hand pump can pump it into smaller jugs that are easier to pick up. Maybe I can get some help. I never realized that the trial drug I'm on is similar to chemo and will make me even weaker than I already was. Have to take baby steps with my baby blood I guess. Still nice to get some things accomplished.

Last edited: