• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New/Used Track loader

Terry R

From the wealth of experience on these forums what is going to be the best route for a Track Loader buying new or used?
I am soon to be in the market for a 10000lb machine and wondering if any experienced people have anything to say about their idea of the best direction to go?
Also feel free to mention favorite brands and ones to stay away from?
Thanks in advance!

heymccall

There is no one answer.
I chose Kubotas and Takeuchis. They both have deficiencies, but I can't complain about either.
Those are the only ones that have the self storing windshield.

What do you plan to do with it? Mulcher, rockhound, brush hog?

Terry R

I am building a new home on a steep slope and will meed to be moving rock, grading loading dump trailers ect. I alo really love the versatility of a track loader for a trencher and the like. Would you suggest a hi flow hydraulic model?

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
We formerly installed a lot of grounding/bonding packages, and relocations with our "digger" having a Takeuchi tracked machine. it had a quick attach backhoe and assortment of buckets. The self storing door made it easy to move the machine from the backhoe attachment seat without getting off the machine at all for repositioning. I never ran it but it sure was slick with some of the attachments he had.

He also had a mini excavator but this CTL with all the attachments was so broadly effective it was the preferred unit to transport and rent an excavator locally when needed.