• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New tracks: Prowler Vs MWE Vs...?

schoolaintsobad

Hi all,
New member here. Found this forum when looking for reviews on tracks. I'm replacing the tracks on my dad's T190 Bobcat, which is about 10yrs old, and I'm on a budget. I can't quite navigate all the options, and I'm overwhelmed. I found the "track crap shoot" thread from 2016, and I'm wondering if this topic has already been covered again since then or if anyone who used that thread can update me now that that thread has been around a few years.
My info/questions...
1. We mainly use our skidster (13" wide tracks) off road in the woods clearing out logging roads or in our driveways spreading gravel or soil. We drill holes from time to time here and there as well. This isn't a machine we work terribly hard, but we do need good traction and don't care a lot about road noise. What track pattern would be best? There seem to be a lot of options. I am initially thinking of the C pattern, but considering the block pattern.
2. I've looked at MidwestEquipment, out of OH, and they gave me a quote of $1431, delivered, for a pair of "their" (home-grown in China?) standard duty tracks. I also talked to a guy at Prowler and got a price of $1632, delivered, for their "premium" grade tracks. Given that the two are only $200 a part in price, and MidWest has a 1000hr/15mo warranty while Prowler has a 12mo warranty but is "premium" grade, I can't decide which is the beat deal. Anyone have experience with either brand on a T190? Or with using both of these brands?
3.What other brands or purchase factors should I be considering? I want to stay in the $1500 range for a delivered pair of treads. I can't figure out why some other brands are nearly twice as expensive. Are both these brands low quality?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm happy to have found your expertise, and I admire anyone who runs a machine and does it well! I'm basic, but I get the job done.

--Jay

JD8875

I just bought a set of Hi Qual s wave tracks about 2 months ago. So far I love them. They outweigh my previous generic C Pad tracks by a lot and are thicker. They pull like a straight bar but ride nicer on hard ground. I got a little over 100 hours on them and they still have the casting marks on the tread blocks. I do a little bit of everything from gravel driveway install and repair, finish grades, utilities, again work. They aren't real turf friendly but any track that bites good isn't. They were just under $700 a piece straight from Hi Qual in Illinois delivered to my local freight terminal for 13" tracks for a tl130.

John