1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

New track motor won't turn

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by antpoo, Jun 5, 2018.

1. antpoo

antpoo Well-Known Member

No. gearbox failed, but not motor. I will try locate case drain filters and change tomorrow. The oil is recycled, but fresh.

2. Bluox

Bluox Senior Member

Take the big caps off the top and bottom of motor and see if shuttle valve is free and will move up and down.
    Bob

3. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
    I reckon that you should check the gearbox to ensure that nothing is jamming it. I have had it happen and cost me a new box. Just saying

4. antpoo

antpoo Well-Known Member

Ok, well after testing the motor. It appears motor is faulty.

Not sure the Chinese "supplier" I'm dealing with will pay repair bill.

The lesson/moral : Be certain you are dealing with the manufacturer of products off AliBaba, NOT the supplier.

5. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
    If you don't have any luck with the warranty and the old motor was working OK then swap new for old, then at least you'll know the gear box part is good- well maybe.

6. antpoo

antpoo Well-Known Member

Well, hydraulic company pulled the motor apart and said the brake pack was corroded and the O-rings old and very flat.

His opinion: Motor probably built 5 years ago during the boom and then stored improperly on the shelf until some unfortunate sap was willing to hand over his hard earned money

7. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I just looked into this thread and was wondering why people were talking about a brake line to a travel motor. The brakes work off the main lines feeding the motor. You will only have two small hoses which one is case drain and the other is high speed travel.

Sorry to hear about the problems.

8. danielwhoof

danielwhoof Member

Hello, Mr Antpoo. sorry to hear that, hope already have it all fixed. terribly sorry for the fact of your tricky transaction on Alibaba. on the other hand, no offense if any, there are professional manufacturers in China also.

John Shipp likes this.