• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New track motor won't turn

antpoo

So, what disintegrated, your travel motor or gearbox? Did you flush your system, clean your turning joint and replace your case drain filters?
Is your gearbox full of oil?

No. gearbox failed, but not motor. I will try locate case drain filters and change tomorrow. The oil is recycled, but fresh.

Bluox

Take the big caps off the top and bottom of motor and see if shuttle valve is free and will move up and down.
Bob

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I reckon that you should check the gearbox to ensure that nothing is jamming it. I have had it happen and cost me a new box. Just saying

antpoo

Ok, well after testing the motor. It appears motor is faulty.

Not sure the Chinese "supplier" I'm dealing with will pay repair bill.

The lesson/moral : Be certain you are dealing with the manufacturer of products off AliBaba, NOT the supplier.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
If you don't have any luck with the warranty and the old motor was working OK then swap new for old, then at least you'll know the gear box part is good- well maybe.

antpoo

Well, hydraulic company pulled the motor apart and said the brake pack was corroded and the O-rings old and very flat.

His opinion: Motor probably built 5 years ago during the boom and then stored improperly on the shelf until some unfortunate sap was willing to hand over his hard earned money

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I just looked into this thread and was wondering why people were talking about a brake line to a travel motor. The brakes work off the main lines feeding the motor. You will only have two small hoses which one is case drain and the other is high speed travel.

Sorry to hear about the problems.

danielwhoof

Ok, well after testing the motor. It appears motor is faulty.

Not sure the Chinese "supplier" I'm dealing with will pay repair bill.

The lesson/moral : Be certain you are dealing with the manufacturer of products off AliBaba, NOT the supplier.
Hello, Mr Antpoo. sorry to hear that, hope already have it all fixed. terribly sorry for the fact of your tricky transaction on Alibaba. on the other hand, no offense if any, there are professional manufacturers in China also.