• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Tool(s) “teaser”

TVA

A new very useful tool about to appear! It’s in final development stages and a guy who developing would like some feedback if you not too busy!
Here’s a link to his website! if you wanna give feedback just go to website contact section and email the guy! You can also join the email club.

I knew about this about six months, and was waiting for it!

Here we go!

http://www.insanehydraulics.com/letstalk/smartindustrialmonitorpartone.html

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
The basics sound very similar to my mooshimeter.... I don't use it all the time but when I need a remote measurement real time it is extremely handy :) and although I haven't done it I would guess it wouldn't be too hard to hook it to high pressure sensors....

joe--h

That guy is funny, his Kaboom stuff is always interesting.
Joe H

Mbar

That’s pretty cool. I was just thinking the other day how now it would be to have Bluetooth reading after after having hoses all over the place

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We're waiting for delivery of some Bluetooth pressure transducers that can be read using a laptop or smart phone. They also have a data-logging capability
They should ship from the manufacturer next week. Once we get them and start playing around I'll post some photos.

TVA

We're waiting for delivery of some Bluetooth pressure transducers that can be read using a laptop or smart phone. They also have a data-logging capability
They should ship from the manufacturer next week. Once we get them and start playing around I'll post some photos.
Brand is Webtech? Although I’ve seen whole lot of their stuff rebranded! Even by Stauff!

Last edited:

TVA

Transducers Direct. https://www.transducersdirect.com/p...re-transducers/wireless-pressure-transducers/

Approx $300 a pop. A bit like bourdon-type pressure gauges there are different ranges varying from 0-100 to 0-10,000 psi.

I talked to Sergiy about these, he said that it is different product. These have slower update rate because they are optimized for long ( two years ) battery life. And these design for permanent installation monitoring purposes - not diagnostics.

Also the quote:
“This a different product for a different purpose.

this isn't suitable for diagnostics - the update rate is too slow because they are optimized for long battery life, the range, too.

This is a very good option for process monitoring, yes. Their batteries last for 2 years.

I can attach my transmitter to anything I want - a pressure transducer, a flow transmitter, a temperature transmitter, a position transmitter, a force transmitter,

or anything else that has an analogue interface.

I can use it to test and adjust pressure switches, I can use it to power relays remotely, to test LEDs, to use a power source for something else,

it's a completely different product.”

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Good info. We got clued into these by a contact in Australia for diagnostics purposes, not for permanent installation. Range is not an issue because all we want to do is be able to sit in a machine cab and read pressures, probably no more than 20 ft.

Does he have any idea what the refresh/update rate is on them..?

When we get them here and have had a chance to play I'll report back ...........

TVA

Range and penetration is an issue on industrial application. I remember looking at this company couple of years ago when I was looking for less expensive alternative to Webtech/Parker tools. But somehow I missed these or they wasn’t there yet.

Slidey

Occupation
HD fitter
Had bluetooth guages when on a RIO site as they wouldnt let us live test. Connected to an ipad. The theory is sound but it was not a great software system on the ipad in my opinion

TVA

Update. We have them on site and have used them a few times so far. As far as I'm concerned (for testing purposes anyway, as opposed to permanent system monitor capability) they are the dog's bollox.........
Too slow?