• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to Me T300

superdutyfan

Hello everyone !!!
I just bought a 2007 T300 with gold package (what ever that includes)2500 hrs I think the tracks are 90%
complete service except for the hydraulics in the hydrostatic drive. Is there anything i should be keeping an eye on ? this is my first skid steer. got a smooth bucket pallet forks and double bale spear.

Thanks SDF

vp3924097_1_large.jpg

LWG

The final drive oil. Look for sheen or irridescence. That's bad. One of the main causes of drive motor failure is ignoring the quality and quantify of the final drive oil. If it's low, just adding oil may not be enough. That can indicate failure of the O-ring/gasket between the motor halves. Pull the case drain filters and look for bits of metal. None is good, but a few chips are normal.