• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me Michigan loader

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Let me check to be sure, but if memory serves me and you can check the hose routing, the oil cooler in the bottom tank of the rad is the transmission oil cooler not the hydraulic oil cooler.
The washer you mentioned is a check valve to seperate the high pressure rear pump oil from entering the low pressure front pump oil if it is cracked it will bypass and keep the pump from shifting properly, that could very well be your problem. Try minnpar.com to see if they have it, if not a good machinist could duplicate it, the flat surface is the sealing part. You should try to get the right part that would be ground and heat heat treated. You could try a silver solder repair but it would need to be lapped flat to get a perfect seal.

Last edited:

Ryan151

Ah okay it's a very small crack but possibly enought to.play with the pressure to screw it up. Mine has both coolers in the bottom of the rad. Lower one is transmission upper one is hydraulic.

Ryan151

Bill, little update for ya, I adjusted the popett on to main pump a few turns back it bypasses! So we are all good. Man this is a completely different machine now. Hope things are well Bill thanks for your help

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Glad to hear it. A long way around to get there but you also now have a working knowledge of how that pump works. My fault for not having you do that first. Some folks have to adjust what dont need it then cuss the machine for not working right.

Last edited:

Ryan151

yeah it wasnt until I sat down and really just read my service manual on the machine. It goes into great detail on how those pumps work. I figure someone was trying to make it faster or something but in turn just made it a dog. However now i like the machine a lot better its got POWER! :) Thanks for all your help and knowledge Bill. By the way what do you have for literature for the 275b's and 55b's?