• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to me Kubota KX91-3

donald noel

Just bought my first excavator. Purchased it from a dealer in Canada and am very happy. My wife and coworkers think I'm crazy as I've spent the first month knocking out dents and sanding and painting. On a 4000 hour machine. But she's in good shape for her age and I want her to look the part. She had just arrived in our driveway when I took this pic. IMG_5391.jpg

Batkom

Looks great as is! But I know how you feel!
And I also know about the wife thinking your crazy! They don’t understand!

OTG AuGres

Occupation
Hobbiest - Forestry and Wildlife Management
Nice looking machine and good job on the refurb. I like my equipment to look good as well. A little paint touch up along with routine maintenance is my standard practice.

Graham1

2FC8C6BF-547D-4586-88F6-AD454CB265C7.jpeg 62C3F4D1-2961-4200-9290-8121768093BA.jpeg Now you have sprayed it a new set of factory stickers will finish it off just right. Makes a whole lot of difference. Repainted one of my machines last year and without the stickers it just looked like an old machine that had been done up, now it looks like a new machine.
Graham

donald noel

Graham, couldn't agree more about the stickers. Bought a full set out of Australia for less than $100.

Your machine is one of those mountain climbing beasts, right? Pretty awesome.

IMG_5553.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5553.JPG
    IMG_5553.JPG
    530.6 KB · Views: 5

Graham1

[QUOTE
Your machine is one of those mountain climbing beasts, right? Pretty awesome.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I’m pretty pleased with it. I mainly use it for awkward access. Stepping over stuff, adjusting the legs in and out to avoid stuff, lowering the belly down to almost ground level to work indoors. That type of thing, but I can drop the wheels off one end and fit claws then you can go as steep as you dare. If it is too hairy then it is preplumbed for a hydraulic winch that drops on to brackets on the belly which I can hire from the dealer if I ever needed it.
Graham